iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Put a Log/Brush Guard on the Dozer Blade

Started by g_man, June 26, 2016, 07:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g_man

I started this during mud season and just getting around to mounting it now.

While I was at it I put a couple patches where someone in the past cut a little to deep. Beefed up the rake hangers too.

gg

teakwood

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

BargeMonkey

You do nice work, I'm especially impressed it was done with an AC tombstone, I've always had trouble getting one of them dialed in just right to not run hot / cold. Having a brush guard  saves alot of those spears from the front of the dozer. Nice job.  ;)

g_man

snowstorm

Quote from: BargeMonkey on June 27, 2016, 10:45:09 PM
You do nice work, I'm especially impressed it was done with an AC tombstone, I've always had trouble getting one of them dialed in just right to not run hot / cold. Having a brush guard  saves alot of those spears from the front of the dozer. Nice job.  ;)
the trick to it is buy 7018 ac rod. the ac rod runs much better

BargeMonkey

Quote from: snowstorm on June 28, 2016, 06:07:53 AM
Quote from: BargeMonkey on June 27, 2016, 10:45:09 PM
the trick to it is buy 7018 ac rod. the ac rod runs much better
I can weld and braze but when it gets serious I have a professional on hand. Like anything if you don't do it every day it doesn't stick with you. I think I've got 50hrs on my new Miller Trailblazer in a yr. Mostly generator or carbon arc time.  :D 
That is a real nice job you did, I see alot of hoky looking welding being on the boat and that's a nice job.

coxy

nice job  do you have the root rake    you know what I say about them buzz boxes  :-X :-X :-X I bought my dad a new one about a year before he passed away he my have used it 3 times it just sits there rotting away    cause I cant weld with it  :( >:( JMOP there junk :D :D just give me my mig  and let me be  8) 8) 8)  how hard is it to get parts for the dresser

g_man

Yes I do have a rake. I found it in Maine. It's a home made copy of a USA Attachments rake.  Ad said buy it or I scrap it. It was well worth the 2 hr each way ride. So far parts haven't been a problem. I did the under carriage in 2011 and that stuff was all readily available and it has a 3.9 cummins which makes it easy. Haven't needed any pumps or power shift transmission/steering/drive parts or so I don't know there.

gg

wfcjr

gimpy

Recently bought my JD450E. Getting a few things finished before I get to use it. Also bought a Root/Brush rake for it (got one just sitting in my shop. Gimme a grand and it's yours). Just have to weld on the mounts. So I wait to see updates on your progress. This is very time appropriate for me.

Thank you.
Gimpy old man
Lucky to have a great wife
John Deere 210LE tractor w/Gannon Box

mad murdock

Nice brush rake!  If you do any long log hauling/handling the rake works real good for pushing logs into a nice pile.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Thank You Sponsors!