iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I failed...

Started by bkaimwood, May 26, 2015, 06:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

That last picture was taken in 2002 shortly after I bought the sawmill.  That is the picture on my business cards.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bkaimwood

Well, the day has come...this morning I picked up my mill...what a great facility Marty Parsons has there!!! And a great staff, very experienced and knowledgeable. Thanks again to Marty, who trained me. Thanks to Chelsea, who took all the money I had and then some, and set me up with my blades, parts, and additional information. I also noted the way their counterpeople interacted with customers...and there were lines of them...top notch place, that's all I got to say!! Onto my new LT40 diesel hydro...what an incredible piece of machinery...it is 3x's the saw I thought it would be...wish i would have taken the plunge sooner...updates and pics to come
bk

Peter Drouin

Happy for you , and good luck bkaimwood 8) 8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

Congrats on the sawmill.  I look forward to seeing pictures of your smile.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bkaimwood

MM, don't think even a wide angle lens could capture it...and on a footnote...as fast as this thing will saw, I see the true value in the seat now...on my old mill, it was me helping the mill, and the mill was the production limiter...with this saw, I'm the production limiter...it just sits there running with a smile on, waiting its next command...now its the other way around...I can't keep up with it!!! I can't believe how fast it is...I wonder why there is an LT40 super...must need roller skates to keep up with that thing. The only thing I could see a benefit in is faster bed hydraulics...anything else faster and I'd need a barf bag in my chair!!!
bk

SawyerBrown

Congratulations, sir!  Wish you were a little more excited about it though ...   ;D
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

customsawyer

Congrats on your new mill. Take good care of her and she will take care of you.  ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

78NHTFY

Congrats on the new mill!  Always good when you pay for something and it exceeds your expectations... by a (s)mile!   8) 8).  Looking forward to pics of your journey.  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

gww

I always wondered why them mills cut so much faster then a manual mill.  It uses the same blade.  I am guessing that 50 percent or more of the speed comes from pure horse power.  The rest from stream lining guide movement dogging, turning, loading and depth setting.  I do wonder though if it is mostly horse power that allows the blade to be shoved through the wood as fast as it does.
gww

bkaimwood

I supposed its a combination of things you mentioned, gww...I think I pooped my pants a little when Marty shoved/ran the blade through the first full can't cut...couldn't believe it...
bk

MartyParsons

Quote.I think I pooped my pants a little when Marty shoved/ran the blade through the first full can't cut...couldn't believe it...

Then BK pushed me out of the way and said let me try that!  :) 

M
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

gww

Except for the posible smell, It sounds like an exciting time for everyone.  Must be a cool feeling knowing you are going home with that.  what is even cooler is a 40 foot long eight foot high stack of logs waiting for you to get home.  I hope the handy man needers are a bit paitient untill you get your equilibrium back in order, cause it is going to be hard to keep your hands off the new mill for at least a bit.

Good luck
ghww

bkaimwood

Much truth to that gww...unfortunately, handyman needers are about as patient as me...when they finally decide they want something, they want it now!!! So, got a reno to finish by Friday...then 3 tree removals next week... Then starting a rough cut lumber pergola...so unfortunately, sawing will be limited to Saturdays...but it'll happen...it has too...got lots of logs sittin' awhile with bad pith cracks presumably from sitting... I'll try to salvage 1/2 of my black walnut...I'm not worried as much about my other hardwoods, I'll be looking to quartersaw most of it anyway to maximize value from such logs, and hope to minimize losses...see how it goes...most of my pine is fresh, and I have a lot still coming in...best rest up for the haul...
bk

Nomad

Quote from: MartyParsons on May 31, 2015, 05:19:01 PM
Quote.I think I pooped my pants a little when Marty shoved/ran the blade through the first full can't cut...couldn't believe it...

Then BK pushed me out of the way and said let me try that!  :) 

M
:D :D :D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Thank You Sponsors!