iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Now that's weird---HELP

Started by Ernie, June 10, 2011, 03:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

Got home from town fairly late last night, opened the fridge to get some milk and it seemed rather warm, thought little of it, maybe the son had left it out for a while and had only just put it away.  This morning, I discovered that the fridge is blowing hot air, the freezer is defrosting and this old man is puzzled.  Any ideas?
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

moosehunter

I think it is broken.
*this is not a professional diagnoses, but I did stay at a Holiday inn express last night*
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

jbeat

It may be stuck in the defrost mode by means of a bad timer. Remove the kick panel and look for a dial timer switch (near the left side on Frigidaire). Turn the dial slowly till you hear a click. This will start the cooling mode if the switch is good. Then mark the switch position and check in a couple hours to see if it has rotated. Good Luck
jbeat
John B

Ernie

Bypassed all the switching and the compressor worked 100%.  Took apart the electrics, bashed the temperature control switch with a screw driver handle and all is now well.  Thanks for your advice.

Cheers

Ernie
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Tom

There ya go, Ernie!   Just how cold is cold anyhow?   :D

Slabs

Scary

My beergerator is 41 years old, but it doesn't have a defrost cycle.  Glad I keep a couple extras in the kitchen fridge.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Thank You Sponsors!