iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Building my mill...

Started by Kbeitz, April 17, 2015, 07:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SineWave

Quote from: fishfighter on November 14, 2016, 06:33:48 AM
K, I'm impressed with you building that engine. That is way to cool.

No kidding...

Kbeitz

Quote from: SineWave on November 14, 2016, 06:36:51 PM
Quote from: fishfighter on November 14, 2016, 06:33:48 AM
K, I'm impressed with you building that engine. That is way to cool.

No kidding...

With a name like SineWave I think you would like one of my
next projects. It's a combo electric motor and gen-set.
Multiple voltages both ways.

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Kbeitz

Only 60 RPM will give me 60 cycles per second.
60 high powered magnets per turn. When I wire up
the coils they are going to also be switchable for different
cycles.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

btulloh

Kbeitz, I think you may be the right person to duplicate the machine that allowed the Coral Castle to be built by one guy using 20 and 30 ton blocks.  Perhaps you're familiar with it.

http://www.labyrinthina.com/coral-castle.html

http://www.rense.com/general39/coral.htm

It's an interesting riddle.  Maybe special unique technology was used.  Maybe not
HM126

fishfighter

How will you regulate the voltage? And now you really impressing me. You have all the good tools and way to much time on your hand. :D Keep me in the loop as you progress on that project.

btulloh

You do have quite a set of tools.  Even more important, you use them well.
HM126

Kbeitz

I would really like to show all the things that i build...
But i think I need to move to the general board with this
before I get kicked off the sawmill board. i don't want
to mess up a good thing. This doesn't have much to
do with milling.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Kbeitz

Quote from: fishfighter on November 14, 2016, 07:08:40 PM
How will you regulate the voltage? And now you really impressing me. You have all the good tools and way to much time on your hand. :D Keep me in the loop as you progress on that project.

I'm thinking a variac transformer for voltage regulating.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Kbeitz

Quote from: btulloh on November 14, 2016, 07:05:10 PM
Kbeitz, I think you may be the right person to duplicate the machine that allowed the Coral Castle to be built by one guy using 20 and 30 ton blocks.  Perhaps you're familiar with it.

It's an interesting riddle.  Maybe special unique technology was used.  Maybe not

I believe in the man upstairs... But...
I also believe the pyramid builders was not from this plant...
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

fishfighter

Quote from: Kbeitz on November 14, 2016, 07:15:38 PM
I would really like to show all the things that i build...
But i think I need to move to the general board with this
before I get kicked off the sawmill board. i don't want
to mess up a good thing. This doesn't have much to
do with milling.

Do so and PM me when you do.

SineWave

Would love to be a "fly on the wall" of your "laboratory," Kbeitz!  :P

gww

K
Did you find a way to scavange magnets or have to pay retail.  When I built my wind turbines the magnets were about $7 each and were one of the things I couldn't come up with on my own and a big expence.  I even built one turbine with copper from microwaves but the microwave magnets were not strong enough for a slower speed turbine. 

Do you have a good source of magnets.

I am always trying to learn.
Cheers
gww

shop guy

Quote from: btulloh on November 14, 2016, 07:05:10 PM

This is interesting.    I am into marine aquariums, and I do know that certain forms of rock (we call it base rock when it's dry and has no life in it) can be extremely porous and light although it may appear to be dense and heavy like concrete.

Have they removed and weighed each piece to know for sure how dense they are?

I read what his thoughts were on magnets...while some of it made sense, the "rubber" or "glass" magnets he discussed could be explained by static electricity.   

What gave me goose bumps was him talking about how he sees particles in the air and certain flashes of light at certain times when he "concentrates" on it.

Now I do not want to be labeled a nut job, and have tried to even go to the optometrist many times to make sure I didn't have a detached retna issue or some other problem with my vision. but I experience VERY similar observations by doing similar "things" the way he describes.  More noticeably on bright sunny days but sometimes just as much indoors just not in as much detail.

I had some weird "intuition" if you want to call it that.....that it involved molecules or some type of free floating electrons, energy or what have you and the way they were traveling around "freely".   This part has always bugged me.

I had brushed all of it off and told myself it was me just over thinking some common occurring phenomena we all might experience from time to time.

Really really really weird to read about this guy and what he believes is part of unlocking some natural force of the universe and then talks about the vision observations. Lmao

Overall my money is on pulleys, and logs for the way he moved the blocks around and them being made of ancient coral beds which are known to be lighter forms of material anyway.

2015 dodge Cummins 4x4 crew, t590 & 763 bobcat with hydraulic breaker, 1 woman, 1 baby girl, 3 dogs and a shop.

Blessed!!

God is great, beer is good....and people are crazy.

Kbeitz

Quote from: gww on November 15, 2016, 12:12:57 PM
K
Did you find a way to scavange magnets or have to pay retail.  When I built my wind turbines the magnets were about $7 each and were one of the things I couldn't come up with on my own and a big expence.  I even built one turbine with copper from microwaves but the microwave magnets were not strong enough for a slower speed turbine. 

Do you have a good source of magnets.

I am always trying to learn.
Cheers
gww

I get all my magnets off E-bay. Search for super magnets. Cheaper by the 100's
Some are so strong that they are dangerous.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Peter Drouin

Kbeitz, How can they be dangerous? :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

gww

Peter
The magnets are strong enough that if you don't pay attention and get them to close to each other they can snap together and break bones.  If there are several attached to something and it gets close to something that it is attracted to it can break even bigger bones.  The magnets are unbelievable and not like what is in a speaker or microwave.  I could not seperate mine except by putting them on the edge of something and sliding them down the edge untill they got far enough to lose magnitism.  I know you didn't ask me but I know personally that the risk is real if you don't pay attention and have a really clean (manetically) work area.
Cheers
gww

shop guy

You are probably aware as I see laughter....but neodymium magnets can take digits and hands for those unaware.

Nothing to play with! ;) haha
2015 dodge Cummins 4x4 crew, t590 & 763 bobcat with hydraulic breaker, 1 woman, 1 baby girl, 3 dogs and a shop.

Blessed!!

shop guy

Sorry gww.....I see we were typing and ping at the same time.

Anyone can Wikipedia neodymium magnets and realize they are nothing to play with.

Blessed!!

Ianab

Link is not for the squeamish !!

http://geekologie.com/2009/02/guy-loses-finger-to-neodymium.php

Thats what happens if 2 big neodymium magnets decide to meet up with a finger in the middle. The smaller of the 2 had a pull force of 400 pounds, and they where 20" apart when they decided to fly together.

I've got assorted magnets out of hard disks. Some of the big old ones have a bit of power, like I have a couple on the end of my lathe that I can't pull off, have to slide them to the edge and pry them away. Strong enough to injure a finger if you are careless.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Kbeitz

Quote from: Peter Drouin on November 15, 2016, 08:50:42 PM
Kbeitz, How can they be dangerous? :D

I have two magnets that will cut your fingers right off...

There is one magnet on E-bay right now for sale for $4,777,77.
I would hate to see the damage that one could do.

A two inch cube sell for around $1,712.29. Each Magnet has 458 lbs of Holding Power.
Imagine getting your fingers between two of those. Who is going to get them apart?
If one magnet gets with in range of another they will slam together so fast that you better not be in between them.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Ox

Them darn magnets oughta have a way to let the smoke out of em... then they won't be so dangerous no more.  ;)
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Kbeitz

We had rain today... I had to just stand under my new roof and smile...
Sure was a good feeling watching it rain and my mill was in the dry...
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

gww

K
QuoteWe had rain today... I had to just stand under my new roof and smile...
Sure was a good feeling watching it rain and my mill was in the dry...
No doubt 8).
gww

Ox

That's a feeling only those who have built something will understand.  Well done.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Kbeitz

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!