iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The wall arch

Started by Tom, August 11, 2008, 04:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

The famous Wall Arch in Utah collapsed last week.

Radar67

I read the article on that yesterday...I have to admit, I had never heard of it until I read the article.  ::)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Ironwood

This is in one of the Nat. Parks, Yes? I think I was there a few years ago.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Tom

Reports say that it was in the Devil's Garden area of The Arches National Park.  There are other arches there but this was one of the most accessible.   There were no viewers and no one hurt.  It just fell down.

They all will eventually.  Considering that they are millenia old, I guess we should feel priviledged that one would fall in our life-time.  :)

LeeB

I never feel priviledged when I fall down. >:(
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Tom

Maybe not, but I would feel priviledged that it was you that fell down and not me.  :D :D

flip

Funny you mention the arch.  My buddy John was on a 30 day cycle ride and met up with some guys in Arches park.  They joked how fun it would be to drag a battery and a grinder up there and knock it down.  It fell the next day.  :o
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

SwampDonkey

I seen them on TV, but never been to the sites. Even seen a few in bugs bunny cartoons years ago in those road runner scenes.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

LeeB

Two different cartoons there swamp.

Tom

That sure brings back memories.

You have to admit, that was when Cartoons were childhood funnies.  What sense of humor the writers and actors had back then. They kept me entertained in my childhood and Lord knows, how many youngsters in all of those years until now.

I liked them all.  Bugs, Elmer, The Dog (s), Wile, the roadrunner, the martian, Yosemite Sam, Daffy, Porky, tweety, Speedy, Sylvester......, All of them.

Here is one of many pages that helps to reafirm the memories and the number of cartoons. The Link

Are todays kids just too sophisticated?

LeeB

They for sure watch a different breed of cartoons. I can still sit down and enjoy te old ones even though I have seen them all dozens of times. These new ones just don't do it for me.

Tom

Me too.  :)

Foghorn Leghorn still turns my ticklebox upside dodown.  :D

beenthere

Quote from: Tom on August 12, 2008, 10:45:37 PM

The do-gooders ruled those cartoons too violent for kids to watch... ::) ::) ::) ::)

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

I believe beenthere on that point.

I liked Yosemite Sam too. One of the best scenes I can remember is when bugs became rich on gold prospecting and this cigar chomping poker player was trying to get his gold while gambling. Bugs couldn't loose, every hand he won and even when calling home to mom he inadvertently pulled the one armed bandit, yielding a wheel barrow load of gold. The poor gambler had that dopy voice against the voice of a well educated rabbit, it really made the toon.  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DR Buck

Quote from: Tom on August 12, 2008, 10:45:37 PM
That sure brings back memories.

You have to admit, that was when Cartoons were childhood funnies.  What sense of humor the writers and actors had back then. They kept me entertained in my childhood and Lord knows, how many youngsters in all of those years until now.

I liked them all.  Bugs, Elmer, The Dog (s), Wile, the roadrunner, the martian, Yosemite Sam, Daffy, Porky, tweety, Speedy, Sylvester......, All of them.

Here is one of many pages that helps to reafirm the memories and the number of cartoons. The Link

Tom,

You must have seen these all at the Saturday matinĂ©e?   Didn't think they had TV during your childhood. ;D ;)

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Thank You Sponsors!