iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Football ( soccer ) World Cup

Started by mcfcfan, June 08, 2010, 07:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcfcfan

Here are all the optios abbreviated in there group stages, reading down, i.e. Group A.is France Mexico South Africa, Uruguay.

FRA    ARG    ALG    AUS    CMR    ITA     BRA   CHI  
MEX    GRE    ENG    GER    DEN    NZL    CIV    HON  
RSA    KOR    SVN    GHA    JPN    PAR    PRK    ESP  
URU    NGA    USA    SRB    NED    SVK   POR    SUI  

Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
but how to dance in the rain."

firefighter

my vote is for Holland ,thenGermany and England is a long shot

nas

Orange all the way 8)
Hup Holland Hup
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Samuel

Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

mcfcfan

I have picked Brazil, great result for the USA against England 1-1.

Jeff

I tried to watch the thing while I was up at the cabin, as the US-England game was on one of the 4 channels we get.  Thanks to those stupid horns they were blowing, I'll never try to watch another game.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Jeff

A vuvuzela

Loosely translated. "annoying sounds from hell"

Warbird

LOL LOL  I'm with ya on that one, Jeff.  We need a vuvuzela smiley getting run over by a tractor or something.  ;D

Tom

If that horn is necessary, it might go against the popularity of Soccer in the USA. You surely can't take something like that to a Football game, and I seriously doubt you could get into a baseball game or speedway.  Officials would be afraid that you might chip a tooth...... , Or beat someone over the head with it....., Or get beat over the head with it.   :D

Gary_C

I thought I read recently that someone did try to bring one into a baseball game and either was not admitted or was thrown out.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

woeboy

WOW congratz USA what a great way to qualify 8) 8)

OneWithWood

This team is a lot of fun to watch.

I just wish they would press more earlier in the game and try playing with a lead for a change  :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

mcfcfan

Well Done New Zealand, even though they did not qualify for the knock out stages our little country of 4 million where football is a distant third or even forth in the popular mens sports have achieved more than Italy (holders) South Africa (hosts) and France.
8) 8) 8)

SPIKER

I voted for USA, just because I think it is about time...   anyhow My boss at work has a great story, his son is married to a woman from Brazil area. and she lives up here  anyhow they were going to meet her parents very early on in the relation ship they all went to Brazil soccer match.  and they came back here in time to go to an OSU MI football game. (my bosses wife works for Ohio State University so they get seats for the best games.)  anyhow after the OSU MI game was over and they were eating she commented that "American football players are too Violent and the Fans are not Violent enough!"  yep sound about right but to say Michigan & OSU fans weren't violent enough was pretty good.!

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

mcfcfan

For anybody who is interested Spain won the World Cup ( 3 votes) 1-0 against Holland after 2 hours of play.
That leaves little old New Zealand as the only team not to have lost a game.
8) :D
Cheers
Lee

sawguy21

I played the game in junior high, defense 'cause I wasn't very fast, but I can't watch it now. It has all the drama of watching paint dry. Oh yes, and those DanG annoying horns.  >:(
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

The only "football" news that is relevant to me is that the Detroit Tigers lost their final game before the all star break today.

You say that's not relevant?  ;)

Patty

Speaking of football  ;D   preseason starts up in about a month!  8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

beenthere

About now they will be guessing if Brett Favre is going to the help the Vikings?
;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Gary_C

Quote from: beenthere on July 12, 2010, 11:11:50 AM
About now they will be guessing if Brett Favre is going to the help the Vikings?
;D

Oh that's a foregone conclusion. The only question is wether the Packers, Bears, and yes, even the Lions can hound Farve into a real retirement.  :)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Samuel

Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

Thank You Sponsors!