iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The King of the Cowboys

Started by Gary_C, July 12, 2010, 10:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary_C

For all you old timers that grew up watching Roy Rogers, Dale Evans, and Trigger you can buy a piece of history on July 14 and 15 at Christie's in Rockefeller Plaza in New York City. Yes, you can even buy Trigger's remains, stuffed of course if you have $200K or thereabouts. And there are many items that are appraised for under $200 but probably will go higher. Here is the sale bill.

The Roy Rogers & Dale Evans Museum Collection

And here is the official Roy Rogers web site where there is a letter explaining the reasons for closing the museum in Branson, MO and the sale.

Roy Rogers- Dale Evans

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

fuzzybear

this is a SAD thing.   I visited the museum in the late '80s and will never forget it.
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

SwampDonkey

Those were some of my grandfather's and his brother's idols of yesterday. They would dress up like them, pistols and all. My uncle or his cousin, forget, maybe both, have pictures from them times. And that was a long time ago because grandfather has been gone for 15 years now and his older brother 11 years. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chris Burchfield

Some years ago, I had inter action with one of the guys in the police department. I'd always thought highly of him regarding his morals and principles. Some time during casual conversation he said he'd alway wanted a Roy Rogers pocket knife like kids would get. Said he never did get one.  That next fall I found one and bought it at the Smokey Mountain Knife shop in Sevierville, TN. After I got back to work, I called him one morning and asked him to meet me in the parking lot. He worked in City Hall next door.  We met, I handed it to him unwrapped and laid it in his open hand. The look of satisfaction on his face filled me with warmth.  He was so grateful.  I told him don't worry about it, keep up the good job.  A year later he developed Lou Garricks Disease.  He was gone within a year.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Thank You Sponsors!