iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is this a good deal??

Started by DanG, May 05, 2005, 10:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patty

OK, back to the hogs head cheese.... :-X

The next time we butcher a little Elmer or Hammy, who should we send the head to?  ???   Best offer gets it!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

gary

A fried spamm sandwhich is real tasty.  I tell people don't read the label or you won't eat it.

sawguy21

Maybe with LOTS of mustard.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Rockn H

Patty, we have to heads in the freezer now, but I'll post a really good recipe as soon as I can get it out.

Rockn H

Here's my grandma's recipe for Hoghead Cheese or Pressmeat so I'll just copy it staight from her hand writing to here.

Remove the brains, tongue,and the jole fat.  Clean and soak whats left with feet over night in salt brine.  Rinse and cook till real tender.  Remove from bones as soon as cool enough to handle.  Add season to taste mix well. (red pepper, black pepper, sage, salt, and apple vinegar)
Put in a stone or glass container and cover and press until firm.  I used a large plate and a jug or jar of water to press.

This is a really good recipe.  You can sramble the brains with eggs.  If your not collesteral challenged you can cook the jole fat down for grease to fry what ever you like.  The tongue can be pickled or cooked however you like.

Thank You Sponsors!