iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna L65

Started by Firewoodjoe, November 10, 2019, 09:52:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewoodjoe

Just got this last night. Thought I'd share. It's really clean for its age. Actually so clean I think someone torn it down and rebuilt it and something wasn't right so it never cut wood again. Which leads me to my issue 😂 it runs idles but if I even touch the H screw it will die. So in return you can't rev it. Think it's a air leak? Need carb rebuilt?

Pine Ridge

Not sure what the running problem might be. Thats a good looking saw, i've never been around or owned one that model. I've just started collecting some of the older husqvarna saws, and as others have said it could become addicting. I would guess the carburetor may need a kit if its not been run in awhile. 
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

Firewoodjoe

Yes I'm sure that would help. I'll get some carb clean and let it idle and search for a air leak also. I can't preasure test myself. I have lots and lots of chainsaws but this is the oldest Husqvarna

sawguy21

I have one, it is a beast to start with no compression release.. Young fellow gave me his father's saw because it doesn't have a chain brake.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Firewoodjoe

Well I just sprayed it down while running. Didn't change. I took the top off carb cleaned it out and took H L screws out and cleaned it. It was dirty. But didn't change anything but now gas leakes from the little hole on the top plate. It needs a full cleaning and rebuild. I'll order a kit.

49er

Me and my neighbor both bought one of these saws back in 1978. He still has his receipt. I think it was $550, a lot of money back then. It was my only saw until 1991. I gave it to my son in law and told him don't sell it. Too bad the saw has no anti-vibe mounts.
Husqvarna EC390 365xt
Jonsered 2188 2165 2260 2253 70e
Redmax GZ4000

Firewoodjoe

I rebuilt the carb and runs but still isn't right. I need to get a vacuum tester I guess before I go further. They do vibrate but that's part of the fun lol

Thank You Sponsors!