iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Goat meets another member

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, December 02, 2017, 07:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WV Sawmiller ( Howard ) said he was passing through and wanted to stop by.
After today he may NOT come back.  :D :D :D :D

He and his wife were visiting in Charlotte and he came by this morning at 9 am with gloves and boots.  8)
We worked and steady...we then.went to lunch and then worked until 3. Then it was time to go home and watch college football.

I'm slowly getting caught up...slowly... but the logs keep coming in.  :D :D :D
Its always a good day though when you get to meet another member.
It sure would not be possible without the Forestry Forum.

Howard meets the Famous Kohler Engine  ;D

Here's Kirk sawing and Howard waiting for a slab.

Howard stacking lumber

This is Joe and Howard stacking lumber. Joe is a customer who came to help stack his own lumber....good guy.

Kirk took a pic of us 3...From the left...Joe, Goat and WV Sawmill.....a mean crowd.  :D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drobertson

thats' a good pic of WV, I reckon none of that catfish made the trip!? Not trying to steer to food of course,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WV Sawmiller

I had a good day with David, Kirk and Joe. Then came home and watched the ball game now don't want to talk about food or much else. Boo Hoo.

I will say David is not bashful about assigning work. We started with him custom sawing an oak mantel for a customer out of their log then started whittling on a big pile of pine Joe had. Then David told me "Go help Joe stack his lumber then hurry back and help Kirk tailgunning." Joe was pretty neat but sick with a cold. Kirk was very methodical and looks like a good sawyer but he has to work on his white board marking or he's going to get goat butted.

I am very envious of the space and equipment David has to work with. Lots of level space for a log yard. Good equipment to work with under a shed. Logs coming from tree service, several customers coming in throughout the day. It was a busy place. Thanks for having me over.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on December 02, 2017, 07:49:34 PM

Kirk was very methodical and looks like a good sawyer but he has to work on his white board marking or he's going to get goat butted.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D This is funny Howard....Kirk must have told you.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Magicman

Congrats all.  Da Goat is a fun guy to visit. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on December 02, 2017, 07:59:52 PM
Congrats all.  Da Goat is a fun guy to visit.

Thats cause you make me laugh with your stories.  :D :D :D

thecfarm

Maybe he wished he would of stopped when you was broke down.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

barbender

I have to come visit the goat sometime...if there were Forestry Forum trading cards, you'd be on one! Forum celebrity😜
Too many irons in the fire

Magicman

I woulda helped but he put me in dat room behind dem wooden bars!!   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

So everyone was working, but the goat. :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Peter Drouin on December 02, 2017, 09:02:00 PM
So everyone was working, but the goat. :D

Come for a visit Peter.  :D :D :D :D

Peter Drouin

So pm me and tell me how you got everyone working like that. So when Bruno and I have a get together this spring I can get 10,000 bf cut. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

GAB

Quote from: Peter Drouin on December 03, 2017, 06:59:10 AM
So pm me and tell me how you got everyone working like that. So when Bruno and I have a get together this spring I can get 10,000 bf cut. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Answer - Start real early and cut long large stuff.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: Peter Drouin on December 02, 2017, 09:02:00 PM
So everyone was working, but the goat.  ;D  :D

Peter,

I see you picked up on that.  ;D    :D

In all honesty somebody had to be in charge. David was pretty busy at times unloading trucks and directing traffic. It was a pretty busy place, especially right after lunch.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

POSTON WIDEHEAD

What was real interesting to learn was some of the trees we have down here do not not exist 200 miles north in Howard's area.

Magicman

Yes, I commonly saw log species 200 miles from me that do not exist here.  There is no Post Oak on my property and it is only 45 miles away.  Completely different soils.

Peter Drouin

So he has the ex cop sawing and he's directing traffic.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!