iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

weekend woodshop

Started by hackberry jake, November 17, 2014, 08:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caveman

Jake, the boxes are really nice.  How did you get all of the finger joints glued and pulled together before the glue dried? What glue did you use?

My daughter and I made a finger joint box a day or so before Christmas that was only 18"x6"x4" and we were both applying glue and working quickly to fit it together and square it before the glue dried.  We were using titebond III.  I should have adjusted my jig a bit as the joints fit a little tighter than necessary.
Kyle
Caveman

Swatson

Beautiful job on the toy boxes.  I am child safety testing some at work right now.  The lid supports like you used have to go through 7000 cycles of opening and closing and still function.   :( Thank goodness for pneumatic actuators.
I cant figure out which one I like better: working with wood or making the tools to work with wood.

beenthere

QuoteI am child safety testing some at work right now.  The lid supports like you used have to go through 7000 cycles of opening and closing and still function.

Another Gov't safety standard or an ANSI - type requirement?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Swatson

Quote from: beenthere on December 30, 2014, 11:19:28 PM
QuoteI am child safety testing some at work right now.  The lid supports like you used have to go through 7000 cycles of opening and closing and still function.

Another Gov't safety standard or an ANSI - type requirement?

It is a government requirement that it pass an ASTM test.  I read the details behind it.  There were many cases of children being injured or killed by a lid falling on their necks in the '70s.
I cant figure out which one I like better: working with wood or making the tools to work with wood.

isawlogs

Nice work, they sure are a beauty to look at.  :) :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!