iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Breath it all in

Started by yukon cornelius, April 22, 2016, 09:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

As I watch the sun come up through the trees in front of the house I realize how blessed I am. I live and work from our home in the sticks, I spend every day working with the best friend ( my wife) and my 2 sons. I get to make my own creations for a living. I have an overfull belly. And I have a great network of friends from all over the country. What more could a man want? I am taking a moment to thank God for all of it.

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Den Socling

Magicman

There is nothing like a beautiful morning to bring us back to reality, if we will only take the time to let it sink in.  Thanks for sharing your moment Larry.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

YC & MM,

I agree. Many of my best days were in the woods or on the water and did not matter if killed any game or ever caught a fish. Cool autumn days in a tree stand bow hunting watching a hawk swoop down, flair out and catch a chipmunk or listening to hoot owls talking to each other at sunrise or sunset or daylight on the lake watching an eagle or osprey swoop down on a mud flat and grab a catfish is hard to beat. Drifting down the river and seeing a mother mink come out with 3 little ones following her as she takes them crawfish hunting or a family of otters pop up next to the boat and start frolicking and chirping like ducks is real unique. Then a deer will come out to shoot or a fish will bite and mess it all up.

Even oddball things like my yellow barn cat showing up in the woods and spotting me and yowling at the foot of my ladder stand till I finally give up and follow him home. I remember the chipmunks going silent and a red fox popped out and jumped up on a clay root about 30 yards from me on a Fall bow hunt or a bobcat stalking by while I was listening for a gobbler to speak up.

I know there are neat tings to see and do in the big city but I won't trade.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Bruno of NH

I thank the Lord every day when i can wake up and head out the door  :) :)
Living the dream  :) :)
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

r.man

I regularly sit, lay down or stand and listen to the world around me, usually with a view of the surrounding land. Birds, wind and the rustle of life makes me feel connected and content. A day doesn't seem complete without savouring the natural world.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

thecfarm

Yes,breathe it all in.
This is what I have to look at.

Than this too.

This is my Grandparents land. We use to come over here alot. I always dreamed of building a house on the hill. I am living the dream.
We use to have a greenhouse and veggie business. After a while I stopped taking this place for granted. People would come here and tell me how nice it looks. I would think it's no big deal.
Now I thank each day how really lucky I am to be alive and to be able to enjoy a place like this.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roger2561

Nature; One of life's simple pleasures.

One of my favorite memories is when I was younger and growing up on the family farm when haying season approached.  While many of my high school classmates were gone on vacation with their families we had hay to put in the barn.  After a hard days work a bottle of beer on the front porch and enjoying the north breeze was the best; correction - mom's cooking was the best, the beer and relaxation came in second.  Roger
Roger

sandhills

timberlinetree

I am very thankful for all the lord has provided us.For me its listening. I make a bed out of brush and it only takes a little bit until the birds start churping. Lately its go go go so thanks for this thread as I plan on a time out/ relax break in my brush bed this week.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Carson-saws

All of you are examples of fine Men that understand and appreciate what surrounds us all.  There is never a day I don't step out and take in the gifts that are around us.
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

sandsawmill14

this is a pic from my front porch

its about 75 yards to the woods in front (south) about 25 yards to the woods to the east and about 25 yards in the back (north) but it opens up to the pasture to the west  the only problem with being in the woods is the coyotes i usually kill a couple a year from the window at night that are so close the only light i have is just the porch light :o :) i am truly amazed at the beauty and wonders that God blessed us with and am thankful for every day he gives me to enjoy it smiley_thumbsup :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Magicman

Looking West from the back porch of the Cabin.

This was taken a couple of years ago in the Winter.  This is the way Jeff saw it.   :)

How it looked yesterday when I finished mowing/bushhogging.  The Pines are much taller now.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandsawmill14

some of you guys pictures make me wish i had a little longer view :) the sun dont get up in the yard here til after 8  :D

Magicman

This is a 300 yard view.  I know because I put the rangefinder on the far end of the bottom this morning.   ;D

sandsawmill14

looks like a beautiful place :)

yukon cornelius

our view is getting bigger by the minute. we put 2 new "organic brush hogs" (goats) to work. petunia and buttercup are eating all the brush down at an astonishing rate. I need to post a picture of what the area looks like today and then tomorrow. they strip it down to just stems. we let them clear an area and then move them to the spot next to clear it.

yukon cornelius

This is where they are today and where they were yesterday.

sandhills

You keep posting things like that and pretty soon you'll have Poston down there chomping at the bit  :D.

thecfarm

Hang up a few rubber bands. That will keep him in SC.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Mooseherder

The Goat prefers greenery over chips. ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Mooseherder on May 07, 2016, 09:53:22 PM
The Goat prefers greenery over chips. ;D

Chips give me gas.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sandhills

Mooseherder

And shifting problems.  :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!