iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer price lists

Started by rmack, March 18, 2012, 05:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmack

I have done a fair bit of research on portable mills, and have decided to go with Woodmizer. The problem is researching the market, not so much the used market, but getting a range of pricing from Woodmizer itself.

The price configurator on the Woodmizer.com website does not load on my computer. I'm guessing it is because it recognizes my ip address as being in canada. When I bought my new tractor in 2010, I researched full new and used pricing all over north america. Decided to buy in Alberta.

In my investigation of the used Woodmizer market, it appears that a new LT70 can be had in the U.S. for about the same as a LT40shd up here... is this true? There are no cdn price lists that I can readily access for new prices and I don't want to overly bother the Woodmizer dealer nearby. I have gotten quotes on a LT40hd and LT40SHD but the list didn't include pricing for gas or the cost of the accuset option. given the complexity of possibilities, it just seems to make sense to try and get access to a full list of new pricing options.

I drove to the U.S. to buy a motorhome once, would have to buy my tractor if I could have found the right deal, and wouldn't think twice about heading south to buy a mill... but I need to know the numbers.

Does anyone have access to a current Woodmizer U.S. price list?
the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
2012 LT40HDSD35 Yanmar Diesel Triple
1972 Patrick AR-5
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB Diesel Triple
Belsaw Boat Anchor

dgdrls

LT 70 base $48,850.  To be fair I would suggest a call to WM. HQ.
layout exactly what you want and then check to see about crossing back into Canada with a new Mill, may trigger Canada Tax liability?

best
DGDrls

beenthere

I'd have assumed any research into WM mills would have already included a phone call to WM.
rmack
What am I missing here?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

rmack

Quote from: dgdrls on March 18, 2012, 07:26:02 PM
LT 70 base $48,850.  To be fair I would suggest a call to WM. HQ.
layout exactly what you want and then check to see about crossing back into Canada with a new Mill, may trigger Canada Tax liability?

best
DGDrls

.. have already been in touch with closest dealer but didn't get as much info as would like. That could be a communication issue on my end though.

I was hoping to use the price configurator to get U.S. prices but it won't work for me... don't know if that's an IT issue,or can't access for some other reason.

Quote from: beenthere on March 18, 2012, 08:29:48 PM
I'd have assumed any research into WM mills would have already included a phone call to WM.
rmack
What am I missing here?
like I said, I have already asked for prices from closest dealer. Maybe I don't understand, but I would have thought ALL pricing options would be readily available. I like to think things to death before I leap... guess not everybody is like that.
the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
2012 LT40HDSD35 Yanmar Diesel Triple
1972 Patrick AR-5
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB Diesel Triple
Belsaw Boat Anchor

dgdrls

rmack,

Call at the number below, skip closest dealer for now until you have all you need.
They'll get you all you need

Good luck,

Best DGDrls

Canadian Headquarters
Wood-Mizer Canada
396 County Rd 36
Unit B
Lindsay, ON K9V 4R3
Phone: 705.878.5255 or 877.357.3373
Fax: 705.878.5355
Email: ContactCanada@woodmizer.com

terrifictimbersllc

If you haven't, try the Firefox browser when having trouble at the WM store. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

scouter Joe

Its not your computer . The pricing function doesn't work in Canada .scouter Joe

Mooney

A Configurator tool for Canada is one of our projects for this year. Sorry for the inconvenience right now.

Like several have mentioned, feel free to call and bug our guys as much as you would like. I believe all our locations up there should have updated 2012 catalogs, so they should also be able to send one to you, which of course has ALL pricing information as well.

Thanks for your interest in getting a Wood-Mizer, and let me know if I can personally be of help. I'm on vacation right now, and might not be able to get right back to you, but I will be checking in frequently  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!