Peter Drouin

The Cat is hard on pallets.

Or maybe it's how I run it. :D :D 
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WDH

DUG,

That is producing a WHACK of lumber, even if you are a whelp ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

YellowHammer

Yep, I think 4x4 getting an LT70 was probably a good idea.   8)
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Southside

Maybe he will sell it to me when he gets in that new WM4000 in June.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

redprospector

Quote from: starmac on February 23, 2018, 02:27:37 PM

Yea, but nothing like airing them up with propane.
That makes me think of an explosion I saw in my mirror one time on 30 between Fort Worth, and Dallas.  :o
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Peter Drouin

Jumped a blade and cut the b57,

My yard is drying up  8)

But, we have 12"+ of snow coming. ::)
Is it dry over there Bruno?    I bet 4x4 is in mud with the snow from the other day.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I just ordered 4 57's Yesterday. I chopped a belt pretty good Monday morning when my blade jumped backwards. Made a little adjustment but can still saw unreal the new belts gets here.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

4x4American

it is soupy clay based mud here from the snow melting its terrible
Boy, back in my day..

Bruno of NH

Peter
My yard is the muddiest it's ever been.
Lived here 13 years   >:( 
Got 2 loads of material to try and dry it up worked some :D
I have never had this much truck travel though some times 4 loads a day and me going in and out delivering firewood and sawmill lumber.
Delivery some spalted birch to Meredith tomorrow morning.
I've been blessed this winter with lots to do 8)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Peter Drouin

4 Loads of firewood?

4x4 how much snow you got?
A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

We got about a foot the other day of wet heavy snow, the kind that can break ribs when it's in snowball form lol
Boy, back in my day..

Bruno of NH

2 loads of saw logs and 2 of firewood 
I have the most saw logs I have ever had
My yard starting to get full
And that a good thing
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

woodmills1

I gotta say this year I have been the muddiest since I spent the big bucks on my drive to the work area.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

thecfarm

Put the rocks to it Peter. Mine are kinda big for what you,but you are still welcome to them. ;D  The rocks will hold a JD forwarder with a load. Not a problem.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Southside

Quote from: 4x4American on March 06, 2018, 08:11:37 PMthe kind that can break ribs when it's in snowball form

Doug - It's not fair to put rocks in the snowballs.  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Grizzly

Forgive me if I've asked before but I keep coming back to this question and you (Peter) may be able to answer it well. I currently use a small wheel loader around the mill but it is beginning to show it's life span and I need to think about replacing it. I want to be able to quick attach between bucket, log grapple, lumber forks, bale forks/grapple, and perhaps some other uses yet. My question is this.

How well do you see an zoom-boom handling a log grapple? I'm thinking either dangle style or fixed. As in

Many crane accessories available | FARMA

or

Log lifter LL 1000

Samples are from sponsor Farma.

Any feedback on what pros and cons you see? Of course everyone else is welcome to chime in. Just pickin on Peter cause he loves his Cat.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Peter Drouin

The cat has a quick hitch for the forks or the bucket, They make a one finger with forks to grab logs with, there's one on CL for $2000 in Maine now. 
I have a J D with a bucket, forks, and grapple, It works well. But the cat has the reach,37' and will pick up 9000LB The reach is the thing I need.
The JD would pickup 2500LB and has a 3 point hitch, The cat don't.
The two have their job is the way I see it,
A&P saw Mill LLC.

jason.weir

maybe it's just me but when I'm all grown up I want to be just like Peter - you've sure got some nice equipment.

thecfarm

Now that can reach for the sky!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Quote from: jason.weir on March 06, 2018, 11:31:14 PM
maybe it's just me but when I'm all grown up I want to be just like Peter - you've sure got some nice equipment.

That JD looks nice in your pix, I see some forks on CL that would fit that.

How are things going up there cfarm?
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Not a good start today, I put a board in the edger to come out 8" wide.

Looks like 4"  ::)
The bolt snapped off.
Used the easy out Ann got me for Christmas.

Just enuff for it to grab the stud, worked well, all fixed now.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Darrel

I have an easyout set that looks just like that one. I've only used it one time and just that one use made it worth the price. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Peter Drouin

Yes Darrel, Having tools for a job even for once in a while is nice.
I have been buying tools for a long time and don't sell any, I see some buy tools go into a business, go belly up and sell all the tools for .25 on a dollar.
Then a job comes along they know how to do but can't no tools.   ::)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

All is fine. Was thinking about pulling up to the stone wall and start hauling rocks. When I had my land logged one part of the road got soft. I have just the thing to stiffen that problem up. ;D But with this foot or two of snow,that will bury the wall for a while.

Peter Drouin

Ya cfarm, most of my snow was gone, My plow truck is in the shop. so I got the cat out for the snow.

It can snow all it wants.  :D 

Ann's new car, Took a while to find the right color chevy.

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!