iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A day cutting wood

Started by Peter Drouin, May 01, 2012, 08:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Quantities of lumber are tallied using the Roman numeral M for one thousand thus one Mbf is one thousand bf.  There is no Roman numeral for a Million so a Million board feet is usually shown as 1MMbf.  Notice that the M is properly capitalized.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on February 22, 2018, 10:25:45 PM
  Notice that the M is properly capitalized.
I just noticed that MM.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

paul case

life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Magicman

I have been trying to lead you guys but sometime you just don't listen and pay proper attention.  :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

NorcalMatt

Southside

Quote from: NorcalMatt on February 23, 2018, 12:28:45 AMThanks

Welcome to the Forum NorcalMatt - we have a good time on here with each other, don't be afraid to ask questions.  What abouts are ya?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Peter Drouin

Had to get a new pump, old one leaks.

The best thing with the cat, is the reach, So handy. 
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

I was paying attention, mm :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

DbltreeBelgians

smiley_thumbsup   Caught my eye real quick MM.
Pretty smooth character.   8)

paul case

I like that pump Peter.

It reminds me of the tank with a hand pump we had when we custom baled hay. The thing got  a lot of use as we would go through 200 or more gallons a week. It caused us to have a universal sign for Do you need gas?

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

bozzaa69

Quote from: starmac on February 15, 2018, 11:31:49 AM
No doubt it is the easiest option, but sure not the only option. I have broken down and fixed many tires with basic hand tools, when I had no choice, but I did have air. years ago I carried a tool that screwed in to a spark plug hole that provided air, haven't seen one for years now.
Try running the Dalton, it is only 500 miles between tire repairs.
I remember those spark plug air tools. Only thing was, it was pumping some gas in there too. 

Dave Shepard

The reach of a Lull is awesome around a mill. My first choice for a sawmill machine. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

starmac

Quote from: bozzaa69 on February 23, 2018, 09:22:53 AM
Quote from: starmac on February 15, 2018, 11:31:49 AM
No doubt it is the easiest option, but sure not the only option. I have broken down and fixed many tires with basic hand tools, when I had no choice, but I did have air. years ago I carried a tool that screwed in to a spark plug hole that provided air, haven't seen one for years now.
Try running the Dalton, it is only 500 miles between tire repairs.
I remember those spark plug air tools. Only thing was, it was pumping some gas in there too.
Yea, but nothing like airing them up with propane.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Southside

Quote from: starmac on February 23, 2018, 02:27:37 PMYea, but nothing like airing them up with propane

Is there a story - with photos!!! - to go along with that statement?
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

starmac

No story, but it is common practice. When I ran my shop I literally hated it if a farmer brought one in and didn't tell me, the smell makes me sick, so I would let the air out of them outside.

Now I did have to go out and mount some new tires on a new trailer house. Someone had told the man in charge at the manufacturer that propane would run cooler, and those cheesy trailer house tires would last longer, well when the first one blew, it ignited and before they got stopped, 3 out of the 4 on that side had blown and blew the floor out of the trailer the length of the wheels about 2 foot wide.

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: starmac on February 23, 2018, 02:27:37 PM

Ether works very well too.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: Bandmill Bandit on February 23, 2018, 03:59:18 PM
Quote from: starmac on February 23, 2018, 02:27:37 PM

Ether works very well too. just make sure you dont over do it. the result is a CO2 filled tire

Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

starmac

I have used either to seat the bead thousands of times, but don't know how you could inflate a tire with it. I did use quite a bit in a big tractor tire one time, and when it exploded it aired the tire all the way up, for just a second, as soon as the air cooled off it went almost flat again.

Peter Drouin

Ya Dave the reach to pile logs is nice too.

A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

Welp had a busy week this week.  Sent out 3 TT loads, and have another load cut and ready to go lol  
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

You have mud, :D :D Good job 4x4 ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

Well the day the white truck was in iirc wednesday, we were in t shirts it was like 60 degrees and soupy.  The red truck was on monday and the ground was a little slippery up top but solid.  The black truck was today (friday) and the ground is hard again but now its rain/snowing
Boy, back in my day..

Southside

Good job - quite a weeks work for sure. 
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!