iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Belarus 420a tractor

Started by haywire woodlot, December 27, 2012, 07:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haywire woodlot

There is a Belarus 420a tractor for sale on one of our local buy, sell or trade type websites. It's a 50 hp, air cooled diesel tractor. I believe that's a 4.1 duetz
Diesel engine. The 4x4 function is not working. I have not contacted the seller yet, I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this brand of machine, I did a quick search online and some of the comments on one of the tractor forums didn't seem to favourable. The asking price was in the neighbourhood of $5000.
Thanks!
Dave

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: haywire woodlot on December 27, 2012, 07:36:47 PM
I did a quick search online and some of the comments on one of the tractor forums didn't seem to favourable.

I believe I would let it pass.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

chevytaHOE5674

Try to find a dealer for it.... I think there is a good one in like Tennessee or something, give them a call and ask about parts availability and make sure things are available and affordable.

Neighbor had a belarus tractor that something went out on the transmission. Called about parts and found out that he was money ahead to scrap the tractor and buy something different as the parts cost was close to what a used replacement tractor cost....

Norm

Do not buy a Belarus tractor, there's a reason it's so cheap.

york

Hi,i bought a 420a new in about 1976,let me tell you,what a piece of CRAP and just got rid of it for scrap price of 500.00

albert
Albert

haywire woodlot

Well, that settles that! Thanks for all of the honest input! :)
Dave

homesteader shane

I'v got a Belarus 800 we've had for about ten years now and the only thing I done to in is put a new clutch it in and that only took 5 hours and 600$. My father helped and he was a massy mechanic and he even said it was one of the easiest he had done. the tractor was made in the early 80"s and is around 90 Hp 2 wheel drive. The last owner was asking 5000$ for it and I got it for 3800$. I grow up on massys and john deers and to compare the Belarus in like station wagon, its reliable and practical and dos the job. ours has some good options on it such as down pressure, the preheat system good for -30,  limited-slip differential and best of all it basic and easy to work on. I 'v had no problem getting parts. I 'v talked to alot of people over the years. people like or hate them

Mark K

I had two of them, an 822 with a farmi jl601 winch and a 520 with a loader that I logged with. They were tough tractors but pretty crude. I've started both of them well below zero with just the grid heater. Simple to work on and we have a couple dealers around here. At that price I'd stay away though.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

Thank You Sponsors!