iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First day of Spring 2011

Started by Sprucegum, March 20, 2011, 08:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprucegum

This is what I see at latitude 54  :)

Nothing is going to be moving for a while yet  :(  but there is some evidence of melting under the snow

I managed to get the rest of my logs drug in to the mill yard. They were cut last winter, 90% of it firewood quality at best.

So how are things looking around your place?

Jasperfield

When you came out did you see your shadow?

isawlogs

Still three feet + of snow in the bush here and 8 inches forcasted for tomorow .... If any of you run across that Goffer that said an early spring was to be, Catch him and cut his n-ts off castrate it for me  >:(
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Coon

Ya and make sure you use a rusty old spoon too eh.   :D  :D  We are supposed to get more snow and below freezing point for highs for the next week.  We have atleast 3-4 feet of this white crapola still on the ground.  >:( 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

thecfarm

Kinda looks the same. The woods still has some snow. I'm sinking right down to the ground now.Makes it hard to walk through the snow  to cut the trees down. More snow coming in tonight. Oh well,the snow keeps the population down and no bad bugs or snakes either.
Sprucegum,what's the blue vehicle for with the tow bar and chains used for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Sprucegum

The mill is 1/2 mile from the campsite and 200 feet higher in elevation; a nice walk if you're looking for fresh air and exercise but other times you need to get there and back a little quicker  ;)

A back view would show the spare tire carrier has been modified to carry 2 chainsaws. The backseat has been removed so all the gas, oil and assorted tools can be tossed in along with lots of spare skidding chains.

I used Sami (Suzuki Samurai) to skid some smaller logs before the snow got too deep to.

RPF2509

Well here in N. California our winter was all messed up.  January and February brought six weeks of clear skies and temperatures in the 50's.  All our snow melted off.  First weekend if spring ushered in 2 feet of snow and an ugly week ahead

clww

Last Friday, it was 84 degrees here and today we had 72.
The snow was gone 6 weeks ago.
Come on over for a visit.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Banjo picker

We got close to a record high for the first day of spring nearly 80 deg.  I ran the AC all day in the truck and wore a t shirt...Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Thank You Sponsors!