iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log Turner

Started by Bolie, June 13, 2021, 11:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolie

I have a 1995 lt40hd. I had log turning cylinder rebuilt and it is slow
and weak! Is there a procedure for bleeding it or is something else wrong?
Any help would be appreciated. I know I can call Woodmizer tomorrow 
but was hoping maybe it's something simple!
Thanks Bo
If you want to do something bad enough you'll find a way,If you don't you'll find an excuse!!!!!!!!

barbender

It sounds to me line they flubbed the rebuild bandits bypassing internally. If you get a ligrolled half wayn so the turner is still supporting weight, will it support it or does it bleed down?
Too many irons in the fire

Bolie

It won't pick it up any! It was bypassing reason I had it rebuilt seals were rotten but was turning better than is now! It will barely move up without a load
If you want to do something bad enough you'll find a way,If you don't you'll find an excuse!!!!!!!!

Sawmill Man

did you check hydraulic oil level after you installed cylinder, does the other cylinders work properly?
"I could have sworn I went over that one with the metal detector".

Bolie

Yessir and yessir I did. 

Bruno of NH

When was the last time the brushes were changed in the hydraulic motor?
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bolie

Neveras far as I know! Bought it with2000 hrs on it
Now has 2450 hrs on it

Magicman

I have had all of the cylinders rebuilt on my sawmill.  No bleeding.  It will purge itself.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

barbender

Unless other hydraulic functions are being correspondingly slow, I doubt it is the brushes in your pump motor. I highly suspect whoever's did your cylinder rebuild screwed something up. When the seals on a piston are bad, it is easier for the oil to go from side to side of the piston,  than move the piston itself. That's why I asked if it would hold a load, a bypassing piston cannot. You could the turner up about halfway, and then figure out a way to move it back and forth by hand, or with a pry bar. If you can make the cylinder rod go in and out, it's bypassing.

Bolie

Everything else is working fine and the backstops act like they're moving little bit on there on when I stop them. Was the reason I was thinking air in system
and figured it would work itself out but didn't know 

barbender

Just keep cycling it back and forth and the air will work itself out, if that is the problem.

Thank You Sponsors!