iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dealing with trespassers

Started by whiskers, July 10, 2017, 11:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick NC

Quote from: Southside on July 22, 2021, 04:42:45 PM
Yup. Tongue in cheek. Nothing to see here folks, please move along, move along.

Demoing this one for the weekend. Thinking about buying it. Its got 1435 hours on it. Tight  machine. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

btulloh

Nice looking machine.  Hopefully you'll have some trespassers this weekend so you can try it out.
HM126

moodnacreek

Quote from: Patrick NC on July 21, 2021, 08:10:42 PM
One of the escapees from Dannemora state prison a few years ago was caught 10 miles away from my parents house. His partner was killed in a shootout in Malone new york  , 30 miles from their house. Both of these guys trespassed on multiple properties during their escape and stole guns and ammo from at least one hunting camp. They were convicted MURDERERS.  Anyone who says trespassers are harmless should think about that.
They didn't just murder, they tortured to death innocent people.

HemlockKing

Quote from: Patrick NC on July 23, 2021, 08:52:25 PM
Quote from: Southside on July 22, 2021, 04:42:45 PM
Yup. Tongue in cheek. Nothing to see here folks, please move along, move along.

Demoing this one for the weekend. Thinking about buying it. Its got 1435 hours on it. Tight  machine.
That's a nice one. Ppl around here can't afford those so getting rolled up in the dirty old red carpet from the 80s and dumped out in the swamp is what usually happens around these parts lol 
A1

tmarch

Couple years ago we had a trespassers or so we thot.  Guy with a side by side roaming around.  I stayed at 1 gate and sent my wife to another, guy finally rides right up to me with my AR, turns out he was a surveyor on the job from an adjoining land owner and as a licensed surveyor they don't have to ask permission.  Turned out ok as he sent me a copy of the survey at no cost.  
Not so with a power company that tore up and rutted up my pasture.  Let's just say they paid enuff damages to buy several cases of ammo. :D
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

thecfarm

They may not have to ask, but if I saw someone riding in my fields, they would get a real good talking too. They should at least me know.
I got a long driveway. Car and someone standing out by the car. I hollered down to them. Than I heard a gun shot. Dumbie me, down I go with my truck, about half throttle. They was a dead deer and a cop with a gun. Kinda wished he would of told me what was going on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

moodnacreek

Having lived and worked on the road or roads all my life I can say that power line workers are the worst. They specialize in private property damage.

Tom King

We have about a mile of powerline that crosses our property.  I've lost count of the number of people that ride ATV's, dirt bikes, and other stuff on it.  Any time I've stopped one, and told them they were trespassing, they say they're, "just riding on the power company right of way."  None understand that just because the power company has a right of way, that no one else does.

Twice, the crew contract cutting under the powerlines have dumped their truckload of shredded stuff here, and not just from what they cut here.  Once, one of the workers had run their trash through the grinder.  I was finally able to get them to stop doing that, only because I knew one of the Supervisors from Community Theater working together.

Southside

Among other issues, including the trash and dumping type, I had a powerline contractor run over a pile of irrigation pipe with his tracked skid steer and flail mower, he drove within 1 ft of a sign that said "No Vehicle Traffic" because that was where the pipeline was.  Best part was, rather than coming to tell someone there was a problem he tried to make a "high speed getaway" - in a tracked skid steer...

When they came out to assess the damage the supervisor tried to downplay his guys actions by telling me how much they had torn up the neighbors beans, so I should get over it.  I gave the neighbor the corporate contact info and how to file a claim, which he did.  

Someone in corporate was quite shocked at how much 6" aluminum pipe and soybean seed costs.  Now, in the words of George Thorogood, they are "real nice, lovey dovey".  They call ahead of time, I swear they call to let me know they had a meeting and they discussed maintenance planning in our area now.  

I have no issue tearing stuff up if there is a legitimate outage, but the summer mowing trashing to make a mess needs to improve.  Case in point during the ice storm last year I was out there with my skidder pulling their crews around because they could not get service truck to the poles it was so wet, and then I cleaned up the mess behind them.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Tacotodd

It just goes to show that people don't think about what they are doing.

THINK !   It's all that anyone asks. And, it's really not that hard (for most people) to do.

I'm not the smartest person out there, but come on, I'll at least ask (now that I'm more than 16). And if I don't know, I'll at least LISTEN!
Trying harder everyday.

stavebuyer

People with open warrants for failure to appear probably shouldn't trespass to fish. Especially on a holiday weekend in rural KY when you will wait in jail until Tuesday to see a judge.

The evening may not work out like you planned.

Have I mentioned that I have grown quite fond of my trail cameras?  ;D ;D

YellowHammer

I assume all those signs on the posts said "No Trespassing?" :D :D  

It shows how little respect some people have. They can't say they didn't see the signs...

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

sawguy21

Well, they are not very bright! :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

stavebuyer

Quote from: YellowHammer on September 07, 2021, 03:51:52 PM
I assume all those signs on the posts said "No Trespassing?" :D :D  

It shows how little respect some people have. They can't say they didn't see the signs...
The only reason I put in that section of fence was to make them climb through it as well as have a place to hang the signs which between the two upgrades the charge to criminal trespass. No accident. Total disregard for law and property. I have no pity for them and evidently the deputies didn't either  :D

mike_belben

yeah but doesnt every working age, jobless male in rural kentucky have an outstanding FTA warrant?

;D
Praise The Lord

stavebuyer

Quote from: mike_belben on September 07, 2021, 06:06:46 PM
yeah but doesnt every working age, jobless male in rural kentucky have an outstanding FTA warrant?

;D
Every working age jobless male has problems beyond legal public access places to fish. 

moodnacreek

Most times the best hunting and fishing is on private posted property. A good relationship with the owner can be priceless. More than once I have seen some of these hot spots become public. That is better than development but never any thing like it was when privately owned.

Thank You Sponsors!