iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

20t cub cadet

Started by coxy, November 06, 2016, 06:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

wood splitter with a 5hp motor  I can watch the wood start to season that's how slow it is  :)if I put a bigger pump like 18 gal a min will it make it faster 

thecfarm

Did you buy this new? Had it for a while.?
Reason I ask,I have a 27 ton,think 6.5 hp briggs on it and it goes right along. Does not spilt in 2.3 seconds  ;D,but fast enough for me. I had it at least 10 years.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

21incher

I think a 16 gpm requires a 8 hp engine min so you wil most likely have to update that also. You will also want to look at what flow the valve, hoses, and fittings are capable of. Also make sure if you have a 2 stage pump on it now that the kickdown psi is set high enough to keep it in the second stage while not under splitting pressure. With a new pump never exceed the working pressure rating of the old valve, hoses, cylinder, or fittings. A bigger pump may or may not change the speed without upgrading other components.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

coxy

c farm we have had it about 20 years and its a 25t not 20   21incher it has the 2 stage pump I put a bigger pump on it a few years ago but forgot what gap per min it was it did make it go a little faster than the other one if I hold the governor with my hand wide open it will go faster but not fast  enough 5-6 sec cycle time wouldn't be bad think its about 10-12+sec now  :-\ but its slow

Gearbox

25 ton should have a 3.5 or 4 in cylinder . Mine has a 4 inch with a 16 gallon pump 10 second cycle time . This is on the BT 6870 processer and like I have said befor I have trouble keeping the oil cool .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Thank You Sponsors!