iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Snow melt !!!

Started by isawlogs, April 14, 2011, 11:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Well it has to happen, we do normaly have some water rise into the fields and sometimes on the road. This past Tuesday was the picture taking day, it all has gone down now and we are able to get out  :) Very rarely does it come up this much in so short a time. We normaly are safe to leave the cars on this little hill , as no water usualy gets on the road here ....  ::) In the middle of the pic , that is not the road, it is the snow bank from this winter that is froze and is now an iceberg!  We take the cars there and travel with the bike .... Well as the last pic will show , that did not work out as planed this year  ::) 

Having this for a name sure does not inspire confidence  :D 

This is not a lake , there is a 25 acre field in there, just beyond the gate that is off to the left there :-\ 

The cars are parked on the other side of that little hill in the back ground,  bike quit running  ::)  Had to get off and push it back to dry land, boss was on the bike and not really a happy camper and really not anticipating geting off into the icy water. We took the train track and went scouting after that. Man that water is cold ... Parts of me where already starting to hide , even thought they where not near the water, well not in the water  :o

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Carpenter

You might consider a boat rather than a bike for a few weeks! 

Black_Bear

The mighty Mississquoi en route to Lake Champlain?

For those unfamiliar with the river, it flows north into Quebec from Vermont, and then back into Vermont where it dumps into Lake Champlain. Used to be great fishing for browns, haven't fished it in about 10 years.

isawlogs

Yes the mighty Missiquoi river at its peak. Its all good now , its almost back into it's bed, I am glad that it did not freeze over till late this winter , as the ice dams would of made this even worse  :-\
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

The snow melting snubbed up down here for a couple days. Barely 32 here, actually 27F. Suppose to rain again Sunday with high winds.

That looks interesting getting in and out of the homestead. Why don't 'cha build that road up on high ground? ;) Call it the High Road. :D ;)

I had to build fires today, feels like January. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Norm

Has this thaw gotten rid of your snow pack finally Marcel?

Tom

isawlogs

SD, why would I want to do that ?  Ya need some excitement in life.  ;)

Norm, it has to some extent but its been cold here since the flood, the north face of the mountains we sit on are not bare of snow yet. It's good to have this cold spell and let the water run off some. No damage was done other then limbs and a tree or two in the fields that will need be picked up, that and the fact that Renée did not get to go to work on tuesday no harm done  :) Those stoopid boots of mine sure take a while to dry out  :-\ 

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Quote from: isawlogs on April 15, 2011, 02:44:54 PM
Those stoopid boots of mine sure take a while to dry out  :-\ 

Get leak proof ones, maybe waders. ;) :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

These only leak when you step into water deeper then there intended use is  :-\ ::)

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Need a canoe? Got a 22 footer in the barn. ;) :D

isawlogs

:D This river has bends that that canoe may have trouble negociating.  ::) :)

Marcel

Coon

Nah, all marcel needs is a big inner tube from a tractor and plastic snow shovel for a paddle.   :D 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!