iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Forum 2020 Christmas Contest!

Started by Jeff, December 08, 2020, 04:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Quote from: doc henderson on December 09, 2020, 10:40:03 AM
It is bumping me off before getting the million?  of course I am getting the questions right.! :)
You did notice you are working under a timer right?  I suggest always reading every word as they may or may not be crucial.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

straincm

The pop ups was the issue. Got it and thanks again for a great contest. Always a challenge that I can't put down until I get it. Thanks to the sponsors and others who have donated prizes to make this happen. Merry Christmas to all!

JJ

I find sometimes the popup window is behind the browser.
It was doing this when I ask the audience.

JJ

Old Greenhorn

Well I had to change browsers to see the messages after the quiz, then I just had to take them over and over until I could get to the one remaining one I needed and figure out the few questions that stumped me. Very well designed. Happy Season to one and all.
 Oh and  special thanks to Logrite, et al for sponsoring, and the other prize donors like Doc, Corely, and The Cfarm.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

doc henderson

my laptop is Microsoft edge.  My other one uses chrome and I will try it.  I still cannot get the end message.  I do not even read the questions, just know the answer, and almost know the pattern of response before the next question.  I can do a set of questions in less than a minute. 
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Old Greenhorn

It was chrome I had the problem with and I switched to edge and it worked. With edge, the popup was behind the browser screen.
 Yeah, I think a few of us got really good at blindly plugging in the correct answers. ;D I finally figured out some things to help me find the one remaining quiz a little easier, that one did not seem to come up 'randomly' enough for my tastes. :D You got time Doc, you will figger it out. 
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

doc henderson

it was the opposite for me.  all set up and always signed in to edge.  so I logged in on chrome.  I turned off pop ups 3 times and made no difference, but when logging in on chrome it asked me if I wanted to see notifications, and I said yes.  must be the way I set it up.  I am in.  finally got it.  would have never worked on M. Edge.  at least I could not make it work.   :christmas:
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Ljohnsaw

I'm in!

Thanks to Jeff and Tammy as well as all the sponsors for both the prizes and supporting the best forum on the web!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Magicman

Thanks to Jeff, Tammy, and the Forestry Forum Sponsors and Supporters.

I found out that I was one Reindeer turd short!!  :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

thecfarm

Enough of this ground hog day  Christmas contest. I am in!!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

LIL

;D I lost more than half of all the marbles, just saying.................. :snowball:  :D :D

LIL
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

Jeff

There currently are very, very good odds of winning a prize.  ::)

trimguy

I made it! This is my second contest. Thanks Jeff and Tammy and everyone who donated prizes.

Jeff

16 entries so far. I guess I should have alllowed mail in entries.

btulloh

I'm gonna get on it today.  Been too busy.  I always enjoy the contests.  Thanks for coming up with another fun one and thanks to everyone who donated prizes.
HM126

Dan_Shade

It took me a while to find time complete the contest.  

Jeff, Thanks for creating the contest.

Thanks to members and sponsors that donated gifts. 
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

btulloh

I've worked on it a few times, but that DanG clock keeps running out on me.  I get into it and the phone rings or something else interrupts me but the count-down clock just don't care.  >:(
HM126

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Jeff on December 15, 2020, 07:36:06 AM
Jeff, I know whenever you create something like this it is very difficult to predict how difficult it will turn out to be for the users. Your contests I have always found to be very challenging and not something I can skate through when I have a few minutes, I have to work at it for several hours, usually more. This was my 3rd contest and one of the things I learned too late is that one does better if one takes notes along the way. On this one you have to restart on the path many times and knowing which of those 5 paths you are on will really help. I didn't really look at the prizes much because I haven't been that lucky yet, but those are wonderful bonuses. With so many who eventually navigate the gauntlet, my odds will be pretty low when drawing time comes around anyway. There is still plenty of time to get it done and I am sure a LOT more folks will find success.
 Thanks again to everyone who puts so much effort into this.

WDH

Quote from: Jeff on December 15, 2020, 07:36:06 AM
:D :D :D
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

doc henderson

It was the tech. issues that made it hard after the initial several runs.  I turned off the pop up and changed from chrome to edge.  I prob. spent 3 hours and got to the point I could move the mouse to the proper answer before it popped up, and without reading the question.   It was multifactorial and like a mission impossible.  but all that know, it should pave the way for the others.  still time.   :snowball:

JJ

Don't trust the audience :D.
My phone a friend was Jeff, and I think he was messing with me.

JJ

Thank you Jeff, all the sponsors to FF, and the prize donors :christmas:

WDH

I called myself and I gave myself the right answer :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

The contest is fun. As always. Read my post in this thread and I gave you all a clue.  ;D
Also gives you some fun facts about the FF.   :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

These contests are fun "usually", but I can't seem to get the jest of this one, so it's way back there on the back burner! :-\

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!