iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Which saw is best for bucking wood 575 or 570?

Started by Richard, September 16, 2006, 09:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

I am thinking about buying another saw for bucking wood.I did a couple of test cuts with both the Husky 575 and the 570.I really couldn't tel the diffrence between the two.At the moment I am using a Husky 365.I don't like cutting with only one saw.Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks for your time   Richard

parrisw

Go with which one feels the best I guess, I like the biggest I can get away with.  I cut with a Walkerized 288xp, and a 394xp.

sawguy21

Interesting. I ran the 570 against the 365 and loved the wide power band of the newbie. Did not notice much difference between the 372XP and the 575 except the extra weight. IMHO. the 570 is a winner. A Walkerized 288 or 394 for bucking is sorta like shooting squirrels with a 12 ga. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

MDP

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Richard

I am bucking  hardwoods.I sell firewood full time.I live in the Western Catskills of upstate New York.I cut everything except Oak.   

parrisw

"sawguy21"  True and funny, but I m like the "tool man taylor" MORE POWER!!! and I like putting the guys I cut wood with to shame. But some of the wood I ve been cutting this year it really helped.  Its kinda a waste of time to cut a 40" dia tree with a 20" bar :o :o, not to mention it took me forever to get through it with a 20" I started doing it with a old Husky L65 with 20", then the saw died, so I bought that 288xp with a 36" bar, I then found a good deal on the 394xp so I bought it.  Now all the guys I know think Im crazy!!!!!!  Oh I also have a little Crafstman saw with a 14" bar, its actually a great saw, real good power for a small saw, good for limbing and small stuff.

Will

thecfarm

Hello Richard.Welcome to the forum.Glad to have you here.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

rahtreelimbs

IMO go with the 575. The 570 is too close to your 365!
Nothing Like A  Modded Saw To Start Your Day!!![/SIZE]               Later, Rich.

Thank You Sponsors!