iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another whatzit goona be whatzit

Started by Jeff, June 09, 2007, 09:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reddog

Jeff,
On your question about getting water from a spring hole. I have seen people drive a point into them 5 to 10 feet or more and some times get a flowing well.
Might be worth a try.

Jeff

We just happen to have a point! ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tim L

I understand completely Jeff, When the wife and I bought our piece it was an overgrown mess. We want to clean up muck and selectively cut to allow the lot to be healthy again .The horror stories about wetlands etc. sure give you pause. I fear ill- informed people who join committees to "protect the environment" that have never been in the woods with a forester, yet make decisions that affect all of us .
Do the best you can and don't look back

theorm

Jeff,

We had a Fresno scraper growing up on a dairy farm. We made circular patterns around the area where we were moving dirt, taking a cut that was maybe an inch deep on each pass.  The angle of the handle determined the depth of cut. The handle all the way down let you carry the dirt to where you wanted to dump and you lifted the handle up to vertical to dump. Trying to spread out the load by holding the angle was impossible, just dump it in a pile and spread it out later. A rope tied to the end of the handle was necessary to bring the handle down to a working height. Even then the kid (me) had to play bulldogger, hang onto the rope and dig his heels in to get things into a digging angle. It WAS a rodeo, but without the clown...well sorta.

Theo
smiley_sombrero
The essence of loyalty is reciprocity.

beenthere

Jeff B
Gettin into the muck yet? 

Imagine you are out havin a great time playin and workin.  Hope it's goin well, and the weather is great (as it is here) :)

Curious about your connection, but see you did get a post up this am.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thurlow

We called those things slip scoops;  don't want to be a nay-sayer, but I don't think the sheet metal is heavy enough to hold up to the usage.
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

farmerdoug

Probably is heavy enough to give him a good whack under the jaw though. ::) :o :o :'(

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

SwampDonkey

Yeah I hope he's careful with the contraption. When I was a kid, I got a big gash above the eye brow, just for falling a dang car hood.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!