iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anybody remember Wolfman Jack?

Started by Larry, June 07, 2007, 09:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

Wolfman Jack down in Baja pumping out megawatts of music and commentary all across the desert southwest.  At the time I worked in Hawaii where I could pick up a feed from California and ship it off to SE Asia.  Sometimes we could send a second feed around the world and with the time delay it would be a natural reverberation.  Commander an autovon line to get call in requests from the region.

Just thought I would comment as I heard a Wolfman replay today.  Any of you all remember?
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Haytrader

You mean that guy with the extra hair, and the deep raspy voice?
Never heard of him.

;)
Haytrader

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

Lookout 'cause the Wolfman is goin'a get-cha baby!  Ahoooooooo!

American Graffiti is one of my all-time favorite movies.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

WDH

Oh yes, I remember the Wolfman ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

happyj

I remember sitting out by the river with the high school gang and partying in the summer. We could get the signal late at night when it was clear out in the backwoods of Virginia.
wow, thanks that was a long time ago

How bout the tennessee midnight rambler? does anyone remember him?

Happyj

thurlow

Since we're talking old times, how about............XERA, Del ReeeO, Texas.   8)
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Mooseherder

Don Kirschner Presents  ;)
and
King Bisquit Flour Hour ;D

Dan_Shade

ok, you guys are starting to make ME feel old, knock it off!  (I used to listen to the king biscuit flour hour).
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

WCKY - Cincinatti - Used to get it late at night in north Florida...

rebocardo

Did I see him a few years ago doing a mattress commercial in GA?

Bibbyman

The last time I seen him on TV he did a walk-on part on "Married with Children".
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

SwampDonkey

I remember him too. I seem to remember him in something on saturdays mornings when kids watched cartoons.  Definitely not prime time stuff. ;D :D

We had the 'Wolfman Jack show' here in Canada, out of Vancouver in the 70's.  ;D

http://www.tvarchive.ca/database/19061/wolfman_jack_show%2c_the/details/

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Patty

In the late 60's & early 70's we heard KAAY from Little Rock, with Clyde Clifford hosting Beaker Street. He played 3 hours of "underground music"      8)  late at night.    After a long rendition of some song, he would be zoned out so to speak  ;D , and you would long periods have silence until he realized that the music had ended.  :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

thurlow

Want to listen to the Wolfman?  Just click right here

jjmk98k

Every sunday night, on channel 6 XM radio...
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

TexasTimbers

Quote from: Mooseherder on June 07, 2007, 11:24:53 PM
Don Kirschner Presents ;)
and
King Bisquit Flour Hour ;D

Amen.

I just tried to do my Wolfman impersination as I had it down pat as a younger man., I can't do ti at all now. One of the few downsides of having quit smoking. MAybe the only downside 8)

yeah Don Kirchner's Friday Night Rock Concert. Or was is Saturday night. Whatever. I hardly missed one for several years.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

tcsmpsi

I remember the first time I heard the Wolfman.  I was visiting family in Houston.
I didn't really care for all that surfer stuff.    ;D  I reckon I was pretty square.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Slabs

There was a D J out of Nashville, something like "Big John R" that kept us rockin in the late evenings in the Southeast back in the late 50's.  Possibly from WLAC.

Somebody jump in here and fill in the full I D for we seniors.

American Graffiti is one of my prized VHS  trophies.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

easymoney

since we are talking about old time radio, anyone rember wayne raneys guitar lessons. for a few dollars you could learn to play the guitar.i think he was on one of the cincinatti stations in the 50s. or the border blasters. high power am radio stations in mexico playing for the us audiance  running lots of power and covering all north america at night. i think wolf man was on one of them.

Don_Papenburg

There was biondi on WLS and lujack on WCFL in chicago . The newsman Lyle Dean on WLS inthe 60s and he just retired from WGN . Sounds the same as he did in the 6os He did a lot of   for your health   spots
  My dad used to listen to a radio comintater in the 50s with a very destinctive  voice Alex Dryer
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Brucer

"Clap for the Wolfman,
he gon' rate your record high.
Clap for the Wolfman,
you gon' dig him 'til the day you die."

- Cummings/Wallace/Winter.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

thurlow

The little country radio stations all had to sign off at sundown.  At night, I remember WLS, WCKY, WLW, etc.  Memphis had WHBQ; the most popular DJ in town was Elvis's buddy, George Klein.  He had the 6-10 P.M. shift.  His sign-off song was Jesse Blevins' "Goodnight, my love".  How many times have I sat at the local hamburger drive-in listening to that at 10:00.
Ah, the songs of our youth;  ain't love grand?  Remember Tommy Edwards, "It's all in the game";  Lenny Welch, "Since I fell for you";  the Fleetwoods, the Paris Sisters, Jerry Butler, Ivory Joe Hunter, Brook Benton and hundreds more.  We gave that up for rip rap and hip hap?  :o

Don_Papenburg

It's too bad the FCC mess up the clear channel radio stations by letting other station use the freqencies .   It was realy neet to listen to stations from other parts of the country. 
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Thank You Sponsors!