iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ug-lee log contest.

Started by hackberry jake, April 27, 2014, 10:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

MM has a good wood eye! At just $300 while supplies last, if you buy within the next 10 minutes, But wait... Theres More!
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

WDH

You can get two for the price of one if you order now...
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

QuoteEver seen a straight one?
Oh yes, I have straight ones.  Sweep but straight.  I do not know that I have seen one as crooked as that one, but mine are not worth $300 either.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on April 28, 2014, 09:34:39 PM
You can get two for the price of one if you order now...

Just pay handling charges.  :D

Operators are standing BUY!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

I should not tell this story, but I got my chainsaw pinched when felling this one.  Not my best effort.  A bit of misjudgement on my part.  Led to a whole host of interesting developments.  A whack of long chains, a 4-wheel drive truck, some luck, and I got this fine specimen down and did not even ruin the bar on the saw. 

Miraculously. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I don't think I would have told that one, Pop.  ::)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

hackberry jake

You mean to tell me, that it was hard to judge which way that one wanted to go? No way  smiley_chop

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

WDH

It was only twisted in about 6 directions.  I should have asked for help on the Chainsaw Board before trying to fell it, but I am afraid to go in there  :).  It can be a dark and scary place.

hackberry jake

If it makes you feel any better, The red oak I dropped (Spearment Cookie) next to the saw shed fell in the exact direction I wanted it to... Right into some smaller sweet gums. I figured it would just smash the gums, and it probably would have, but I didn't follow through on the felling cut and it was a slow decent. It hit the sweet gums and then rolled off of them straight towards the sawshed. It missed it by about four feet. Some of the branches hit it, but I don't build no pansy sawsheds  ;D

WDH

You have to watch sweetgum.  That is what it will do. 

AnthonyW

It is what is on the inside that counts.
'97 Wood-Mizer LT25 All Manual with 15HP Kohler

backwoods sawyer

Quote from: WDH on April 28, 2014, 09:44:22 PM
It was only twisted in about 6 directions.  I should have asked for help on the Chainsaw Board before trying to fell it, but I am afraid to go in there  :).  It can be a dark and scary place.
Almost as scary as the food section :o

And I will match MM walnut with a Doug fir

Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

jwilly3879

Sawed a bunch of crotches like the DF shown in the last post, used them to make the sides for benches. The really curved logs got sawed for making the tops of headboards for beds and the backs of benches. Sorry, no pictures, it was 20 years ago.

dboyt

Someone say sweetgum?

Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

strunk57

Not as Charactered as MM's but turned out better than I thought.

99 timberking b-20. John deere 450c loader. 79 Chevy c-60 95 GMC 2500, Craftsman tablesaw, Dewalt 735 13" planer, stihl ms-290 Stihl 029, Husqvarna 394xp, dewalt router & table, various sanders/hand tools.

sprucebunny

I had a hard time cutting this one into splitable firewood  :D

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Magicman

Gotta be bad when even your firewood is crooked.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Farmer Jim

You folks have made my day. I can see I'm amongst friends.  I like to see what's in the gnarly ones too. My current quest is for figured Hard Maple for my flintlock blanks.  I have a bunch of candidates in waiting.
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."  J.B.Books

Magicman

I drove 16 miles to saw 6 "very nice" Pine logs for a friend.  They may not have been ugly, but it was not a pretty sight either.   :-\

WoodenHead

Quote from: Magicman on April 29, 2014, 05:12:00 PM

I drove 16 miles to saw 6 "very nice" Pine logs for a friend.  They may not have been ugly, but it was not a pretty sight either.   :-\

What were you asked to cut out those sticks?   :)

hackberry jake

16 miles isn't too bad. Thats like a board foot a mile  ;D

5quarter

MM...I can see the branches laying on the ground there...where did you say the logs were?

;) ;D
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

WDH

They look dead, too.

Sprucebunny,

Looks like something is living in your log  :)

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: sprucebunny on April 29, 2014, 10:04:49 AM

Wow, I like your quad with the snow tracks on it!  What is it, did you do the upgrade and how do you like it?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

hackberry jake

Quote from: ljohnsaw on April 29, 2014, 07:21:34 PM
Quote from: sprucebunny on April 29, 2014, 10:04:49 AM

Wow, I like your quad with the snow tracks on it!  What is it, did you do the upgrade and how do you like it?

And are you and the quad HUGE or is your chainsaw tiny? :D

Thank You Sponsors!