iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I've been remiss...

Started by DanG, July 18, 2005, 12:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

in reporting the activities of the weekend, but I have an excuse.  I took pics, but can't seem to load them from the camera to the 'puter. :-[ :-\ :'(

Anyway, I went up to Bainbridge, Ga. on Saturday to visit with brdmkr.  I took along a few sticks of wood, and we threw together a little shed for him to keep the new mill under.  Boy, did we ever have a good time!  It ain't that much of a shed(10x12), but it'll keep the rain and pine straw off of it. :)

After the work was done, we went over to the land that he has to clear to build his new house.  As I suspected, there is a heap of work to be done there.  He has some nice hardwoods that will have to be removed, and a couple of really scary ones to deal with.  Mike, GET A PRO to handle those 2!  One of them was a new discovery;  a tall oak with the top broken out by last week's storm.  It is broken about 40' up, and the top is leaning on another tree.  I can't figger any safe way to get it down without a bucket truck.  The other is a big live oak with one side rotted out.  The huge spreading limbs will have to be pruned off before dropping this one.

Boy, am I happy to have another Forum member this close by...it's only 25 miles from my place. 8) 8) 8)  We're gonna have us a bunch of fun together. Mike is about as excited about the new mill as a grown man can get, and I'm just about as fired up as he is! :o 8) :o 8) ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

moosehunter

DanG,
I am a little further away, but yer welcome to come hep me when ever you want! Is brdmkr makin' boards yet? Last I heard he was waitin' fer his mill.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

DanG

Still waitin'.  I got a hunch we'll hear about it when it gets here. ;) :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

DanG

OK, I got the camera straightened out.  Here's a couple of pics from Saturday.

This is Mike workin' up a sweat.

I couldn't get him ta stand any closer to that poison ivy growing on a nice Red Oak.  This'n will be fodder for the new Lucas mill.

This is the broken oak tree.  Sorry for the poor pic.  Couldn't get a good angle without all the backlighting. :-\

I'll let Mike tell ya the story behind this. :D

Captain

Now DanG you didn't tell Mike that if he wears that Peterson hat it will make his mill cut better, did you??  :D

Looks like fun and congrats on the new mill, Mike.

Captain

brdmkr

Yes, we did have a good time, and it was hot.  DanG tried to slap that Peterson hat on my head for a picture without me knowing what was on it.  It's not that I have already developed brand loyalty, but I should at least have time to court my new Lucas before I start flirting with others. 

IMHO, one should watch DanG.  He might just pull a little prank on you ;D. 

We should have taken a couple of other pics, one of my new cant hook (believe it or not, I have it in the house.  I just enjoy playing with it).  I still need a picture of my first board cut under DanG's direction on his mobile dimension.

On a different note, I used the tracking number to determine when the mill would be delivered.  Although I was told it would be delivered tomorrow, the shipper said Thursday :(.  Oh well, that will just give me a little more time to get things ready. 

I would like to thank everyone who has responded to my questions and to the moderators and sponsors.

Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Thank You Sponsors!