iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New tracs for Bobcat

Started by oakiemac, February 07, 2008, 10:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakiemac

Just bought new set of steel tracks for the Bobcat. I got them from eel river steel works. Cost was only $780 which is considerably cheaper then from Bobcat.
Man, what a difference they make in the snow and ice! No more slipping and getting stuck. I hope they work just as good in the mud, cause when all this snow melts we are going to be neck deep in the stuff.

Check out their web site, I don't have a link but google eel river steel and you will find them. They have some real good videos of machines playing in the mud with their tracks on.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

farmerdoug

Oakiemac,

Just remember to clean the mud from them and park it on a dry clean surface before a cold night.  Or you will be spending alot more money with Bobcat for new parts.  :o Do not ask how I know. ::)
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

ely

i was looking at those awhile back, please be sure and give us an update with your experience and opinions after you use them awhile.

Reddog

Oakiemac,

Looking good

I will be interested in how they hold up. I had looked at them in the past.

Just remember when side hilling, they can slide like you are on rails.  ;)

floorboy

The manufacturer says they should last at least 1000 hrs of heavy use.

Corley5

I looked at those.  They make a pretty good looking grapple too.  We don't get much mud though so I put a set of tire chains on the back of my 753.  There's not enough clearance between the tires and loader arms to put a set on the front tires or I would  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Ironwood

I have studied a number of track sets on various machines and for my $ I would buy  a set that I could weld some cleats to hold me on the "side hill" issue. I like some beefy steel to weld the cleat to. I don't own one of these machines but sure would have tracks and sure would customize them. One note from experience, watch that you don't get a rock jambed in between you can pop a tire.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

oakiemac

I hadn't really thought about the hill slide problem. I'd hate to weld on some cleats because they would tear the lanes up that I drive up and down to get to the mill. We are on flat ground-most of the time but that don't mean I won't ever take it out in the woods with hills. Looks like we will just have to becarefull.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Thank You Sponsors!