iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

648g3 bump shifter

Started by chawk0823, March 13, 2024, 11:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chawk0823

Hi all! I just recently purchased a 2007 Deere 648G3 skidder. Machine has right at 7k hours and in relatively great shape. I did unfortunately have to replace the ecu... The machine is running great other than taking off from a stop it seems to somtimes be in drive and other times it's like its still in neutral. Any time I come to a stop if I shift quickly into reverse no issues... Go back into drive quickly from reverse no issues... Once moving shifts absolutely like a dream! Its just when sitting in neutral and then going into drive it seems hit or miss rather its going to go or not once i let out of the clutch. It has the bump style shifter... I was told by previous owner it will start off in 3rd gear unless you engage the little button on top the shifter but he hardly ran the skidder. Im currently waiting on a manual I had to order. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

kiko

It would be normal to hold the button down on top of the shifter each time initially shifting into gear after the park brake has been on .

Thank You Sponsors!