iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Weak TIMBCO

Started by Firewoodjoe, July 18, 2022, 12:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewoodjoe

Honestly nothing would surprise me. It's old. Next to rebuilding the hole system you just have to run it. It's very tolerable and I'll keep working at it. 

But over the last two years and between my trouble shooting manual and the mechanics I don't think it's a relief. 

And it is a load sensing pressure compensated sytem but aren't the pressure compensating valves on each working spool valve? Don't they just make it so one function doesn't over pressure when another is calling for more? 

The pump itself won't stroke up when needed. That's why it's narrowed down to the load sense. 

mike_belben

If i understand them correctly isnt there a main spring inside the pump that forces the swash to full stroke mechanically?  Could that have broken?  
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

kiko

When two functions are required to bring the pump on stroke, the issue is usally in a resolver.  The resolver is a check valve the blocks the the load sense line to make it build pressure when a function is called for.  In this kind of system the check will be in order so usally the last  function valve  that works and will stroke the pump on its own is where the problem lies.  All functions down stream will not stoke the pump on their own.  Can you send a picture of the pump and its adjustments and which adjustment you turned to bump up the Load sense? 

Firewoodjoe

I threw the book pic in just for reference. I already had it on my phone so why not. 

Firewoodjoe

The red is the load sense line going into the valve stack. I couldn't get the phone around the pump good enough either. The book pic helps that.

Oh and the arrow is the one I adjusted a bump. 

30dodgeboy

If you change hyd filters, I'd recommend opening up the old one.

Filters can't keep secrets if you open them up and look inside :)

kiko

With load sense/  horsepower control bumped up, does it still require dual function to operate or did that straighten out that issue as well?   You would know if you turned the LS too far, it will draw the engine down when operating. 

Firewoodjoe

I did not touch the horsepower valve at all. And yes, every function has enough power by itself. I can hear the engine more now, but I wouldn't say it's bogging down. It's not smoking or anything yet.

kiko

It would be normal to hear the engine load some what especially when working more rhapsody one function.  Sounds like you got it.  Just watch the temps as summer comes on.

Firewoodjoe

Thank you. Time will tell. I think I'm just paranoid and being to observant but the temp was running 150 last few days. I know the radiator is dirt from winter use. I do t wash them out until spring. Well it's been 40-50 degrees. I'm sure that it. And I feel like the joy sticks get stiffer like the pilot pressure is to high. I'm sure there's multiple problems with the old girl. I'm going to run it. Wash the radiator and give it time. 🤷�♂️

barbender

Sometimes you can't fix something until it breaks, even though you know something is out of sorts🤷
Too many irons in the fire

Firewoodjoe

Well I'm going to flush the load sense line a few times over the next few weeks/months and run it. But I don't think what I did is the cure. It's seems like the problem is still there but covered up. Or more tolerable. 

Firewoodjoe

A little update. I've installed a gauge for the main pressure. Seems fine. Runs about 4500 when using all the main functions. I've adjusted the pilot up a bit and played with the load sense. It's definitely better at this point. I'm guessing it's all just worn and old. (No that can't be 😂) but what I'm wondering now is if there's an adjustment for each function that controls speed and sensitivity kind of like the load sense adjustment. Most of the machine is fine but with the load sense turned up to make the hole machine good the left swing is very aggressive. Like I have to be careful multiple functioning as when I stop my second function while still swinging left I feel like it's going to blow/bust something. Is this the compensator valves? Or metering valves? Still cutting wood like she always does! Just trying to make it a little better. 

Firewoodjoe

Well this week we have a cold snap. And this morning the left swing wouldn't even move. I held it a second and it took off. So very sluggish. Run it a few times and it starts working fine. Right swing and everything else was fine still. I'll have to read my book again and see what going on there. Definitely more than one issue to solve the hole problem. Prolly should call Rolland back now that I have the gauges on. But I'll keep picking at it when I feel like it. 

Thank You Sponsors!