iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

BLT

Started by Raider Bill, September 20, 2022, 10:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

Blackfoot Griz took us to a BBQ joint in Kalispell, MT.
Sue Ann ordered the BLT.
Only had 3 slices of bacon which would normally upset me but these were a 1/2 - 3/4 inch thick and perfectly smoked then grilled with pepper.
Delish!

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

newoodguy78

That just made me hungry. Love a good blt 

sawguy21

So do I but that is a little over the top! Did she eat all of it?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Raider Bill

Quote from: sawguy21 on September 20, 2022, 11:25:32 AM
So do I but that is a little over the top! Did she eat all of it?
She gave me a small piece of the bacon.
She's very protective of her proteins.

aigheadish

I've never had a piece of bacon that thick. It looks great! Man, do I love a BLT but for me it's a weird sandwich. I rarely buy one when I go out to eat as it seems like a silly sandwich that I can just make at home. The problem is I never make them at home, even though it's one of my favorites... 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

kantuckid

Wright's bacon which we really like, is as thick as we go. I'll say over the top to that one above as well.
We make ours using a more premium bread, current choice is Oat Bread. My personal version is called a BPT, not BLT as I use halves of a banana pepper in place of the lettuce. I'm OK with lettuce but find this far more flavorful, nice crunchy texture and a great way to eat a food thats available right now fresh from the garden when the maters are in season and even better for you than lettuce. I place them to isolate the maters from the bread same as the bacons used. 
BLT's in restaurants are often not a real mater, no matter how much bacon they throw at you.  We are nearing the end of the real maters here and a sad event it is. 
Other than the cure, meat that thick isn't really bacon? 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

blackfoot griz

Quote from: Raider Bill on September 20, 2022, 10:14:03 AM
Blackfoot Griz took us to a BBQ joint in Kalispell, MT.
Sue Ann ordered the BLT.
Only had 3 slices of bacon which would normally upset me but these were a 1/2 - 3/4 inch thick and perfectly smoked then grilled with pepper.
Delish!

I missed this thread. I was a bit nervous taking somebody from the south to a BBQ joint  in MT, but it was great. My brisket was great. It's a cool place. They saved an old blacksmith shop and made a go of it.

<b

SwampDonkey

As long as it tastes good and goes down easy, that's all that counts. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Raider Bill

If I lived in the area I would be a regular there!
We had a good meal and great time with a friend.

Thank You Sponsors!