iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Plenty of time for research..............

Started by Burlkraft, October 22, 2005, 09:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

I guess I'll have plenty of time to research my mill purchase cuz a little fall off a ladder has distroyed my knee. I am under a lot of pressure now to get things done before surgery. I have a few logs in the yard and some out in the woods that I have to get sawed up before then. I cut a ton of firewood yesterday so that is close to done and I finished the new firewood/table slab shed on Wednesday. One of my Habitat For Humanity buddies came and helped me pour the floor. So a few days before Thanksgiving I'm getting cut. They have to make a new ACL, repair the miniscus and put a screw in a fracture. Doc says 12 to 14 months for the rehab!! I had hoped to have a mill and be sawing by spring. I guess that won't happen. I'm just waiting to hear from Plowboy to see if he can do some sawing for me and then I should be set. The only other thing and probablly the hardest is to teach Jill to plow snow with the tractor!!

YIKES!!!!!    :-X :-X :-X

Steve
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Grawulf

Oh man, Steve, why'd you go and do that. Kinda puts a crimp in you style.  :-\ Will be prayin' that all goes well and you heal quickly! Devan

DanG

Thats a bummer for sure, BK. :-\  Sounds like you're getting a lot done for a cripple.  Be sure to take good care of that knee after the surgery.  It might get to feeling better than it really is, and its easy to overdo it.  We'll be pullin' for ya!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Radar67

Burlcraft,
   My prayers will be with you. I sufferd a miniscus tear back in 99. It took a little over 6 months to recover from. I still have trouble during bad weather. Just remeber to follow the Docs instructions and you'll heal well.

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Tom

Get a good Physical Therapist and do what he says.  A good one will do you more good than the doctor. :)

Kirk_Allen

OK Tom, you opened the door :)  Have you found a good Therapist and if so, safe to say your doing what he/she says to do?  If not, WHY NOT!  We need you mobile bossman!   8)

Max sawdust

Hey Burlcraft,
Good luck with the knee.  I know how frustrating it is when the body breaks and the mind is still in full gear.

Plowboy upgraded to an WM LT30 and I bought his manual LT15 a few weeks ago.  He is a good fella, and I think he is very interested in sawing for you.  Did you try to PM him?  I know he reads his email regularly.  I would guess he his pretty busy the last few weeks getting corn dried, afterall it is harvest time.

Max
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

Burlkraft

Hey Max,

Yeah I PMed him. I hope I can get those cut up in the next couple of weeks. Congrats on the saw purchase. I know you'll have a ball with your new toy. Thanks for the well wishes everyone.......

Tom,
I'm hoping that my therapist is of the female persuasion. My doc said I'll get to know the therapist real good....... I just can't see being laid up for the first few weeks. I'm going to want to be outside doing stuff. You should have seen the look on Jill's face when she came home and I was on the roof of the new shed I built. She asked me if I had heard anything the doc said. I just gave her the dumb guy look and said, "What?" It's going to be a loooong recovery.

You'll all get sick of hearing from me.....

Steve

Bro. Noble

There may be something to that PT stuff.  The Arkansawyer busted his leg and was back to work in a few days.  I know for a fact that he is REAL intimate with his (good looking female) physical therapist ;)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Furby

Lud

I had a knee done that I chicken-winged on the downslope of a ski-lift when the binding wouldn't release when my ski drifted under my wife's skis and I face-planted.  Flipped her in the air and she hit on her tailbone.  She now has X-ray proof that I'm a "pain the the A--"!

Surgery goes fine.  PT goes fine. Straightened out my drive wearing the brace when golf league started 3 weeks later and I laid a whole kitchen full of tile 3 months later but dreamed of running across a field full of gopher holes for  6 months!  4 years later I can drop to me knees on concrete but do it with knee pads!

Best of luck with your surgery and be careful on those ladders!
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

iain

Listen to tom
i smashed my left knee all the round 19yrs ago
starts to click and pop if i run more a few hundred yards
power up the surrounding muscle to take the strain
and stop it with the accidents

iain

Tom

Kirk,

Nope, don't have one anywhere around here that anyone (patients) will OK.   I am still doing my own from the book.  The best thing I've done recently is slip from the truck step while hanging from the grab rail.  Man!  That smarts.   Seemed to have loosened something up though.  I guess a few more weeks will tell, eh?  When I'm able to move it again.  :D

Kirk_Allen

Tom just make sure you do something every day to loosen things up and get them working again.  One bite at a time! 

Going to see your brother tomorrow afternoon.  Got a BUNCH of Osage for him  ;D

Ernie

Burlkraft

A real bummer about your injury, the hardest thing bout healing is doing as your told specially when you are starting to feel better.  Believe me, it's worth listening to those who you are paying to help you recover.

It is obvious that you don't live in New Zealand.  Here if you're "getting cut"  you become a candidate for the Vienna Boy's Choir :D :D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Tom

Kirk,
My Brother?

Oh lordy!  Be prepared to give him a good listening to.  :D

It sounds like Burlkraft needs something to keep him occupied for a while too. :)

Kirk_Allen

I have to be up in Savage, MN Tuesday evening for Fire Department training and we are going to meet ahead of time and transfer the wood.  I put the back seet down in the Suburban and FILLED it with Osage.  Some of them are close to 20" diameter  ;D

Tom

He's sure gonna love that.  We might not hear from him for months.  :D

Burlkraft

Ernie,

Ha Ha Ha yeah I grew up on a farm and gettin' cut was not a good thing. Now days we just band our calfs. I sure feel sorry for those little guys.........When you let that band go they suck in a big gulp of air and just start runnin' around.

It's giving me a gut ache right now!!!

Steve

By the way.... does anyone know if Playstation makes any lumberjackin' or sawmillin' games...I'm going to be laid up for a while!

Thank You Sponsors!