iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

seized in summer

Started by ButtonRock, September 25, 2002, 05:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ButtonRock

My neighbor keeps telling me that I am going to seize my saw if I keep running it in temps above 70 degrees Far. I running a husky 61. Is there any truth to this? :)

Tom

:D  nope  :D

We run them in Florida and it is seldom that we have a cold front strong enough to produce those frigid 70 degree temperatures you experience and my Husky runs just fine.

You might have a seizure yourself if you are unaccustomed to the heat. :D

Keep it well lubricated and fresh fuel and sharp chains and you'll have no problems.  That 61 is a good saw, isn't it. :)

Tillaway

No problems here and temps are over 100 all summer.  Run good mix oil and keep the fan (starter side) holes unplugged.  Remember to clean air filter every day, most failures seem to be caused by lack of air filter maintainence.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Oregon_Rob

Speaking of weather, I wish things would start cooling off here. The forecasters just keep putting up those bright shiny forecasts and meanwhile, I am building fences and such in 80° plus weather. Us Oregon guys are not cut out for the hot stuff. BTW no saw problems.
Chainsaw Nerd

Jeff

Sounds to me like your neighbor does'nt want to hear your saw run when its nice out.  :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

StIhL_MaGnUm_1

Jeff,

That's what it sounds like to me also,I run saws all day 7days a week in 80-90 degree days and never had a seizure problem with any of my saw's,just keep good premix in it and a sharp chain and keep on cuttin'.

Later Rob..

Kevin

My 066 has a summer and winter air filter.
My Husky has an insert in the breather housing that can be interchanged for summer and winter use.

woodbeard

maybe he means centigrade :D

ADfields

Living all my life in Arizona till a year or so back, I ran saws in temps over 115 and at times 120 and dry air so less cooling than wet air.   The way I saw it the hotter it was the beter the saws would run and the less I would! :-[   Now I live in Alaska and I run fine and the saws take some more pulling on that rope to cold start but still do just fine. ;)
Andy

KiwiCharlie

G'day ButtonRock,

Nope, cant say Ive ever heard one that before.  Did give me a good laugh though!! :D
I think he's been out in the sun a bit long!! ;) ;)
Cheers
Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

Mtnjack

Hey worked for davey tree surgons and they ran home e lite  xls and the fuel would boil in the tank on a hot day.You get what you pay for.

Weekend_Sawyer

Button Rock,

Some people will tell you anything. Show him he is wrong. Run that thing all summer, early in the morning is best!

I had an old Mcullouch (sp) that would boil the fuel in the summer.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!