iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hay Fever

Started by Norm, June 23, 2012, 02:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

The bales average out at 780#s and I had 19 on it pictured above. I can put 24 on this trailer but only going on the backroads with it. This is the 3rd cutting.

sandhills

My hay got rained on last night, just enough to screw up baling for a few hours, not enough to help anything else out, hope the weather built into something better before it got your way Norm.

Norm

We got....wait for it..... a tenth of an inch, and that was with a dead bug in the gauge.  :D

Don_Papenburg

We got a little more than a half inch yesterday around 5:00 pm  .  Not bad for a month without rain. It should help out with my sweet corn .  We are in one of the few spots that had enough ground moisture to keep us from burning up .
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

red oaks lumber

norm
you got me beat,looked so promising but.... only got 1/2 tenth ;)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

chevytaHOE5674

Hurried yesterday to get the last of my hay rolled up because they were calling for rain. We go almost enough rain to get the hood of the tractor wet as I was driving home.  :D

No rain here in a few weeks now and not looking promising for this coming week. Might have to put the big pump in the river and flood a pasture or two so that the cows have something good to eat in the coming weeks.

tyb525

Worst drought that anyone can remember in these parts, hay is almost nonexistant, those who do have it aren't selling unless it's for an arm and a leg. Last I heard grass hay square bale was at least $7 a bale, alfalfa was over $14.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

MHineman

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on July 14, 2012, 09:42:41 AM
Might have to put the big pump in the river and flood a pasture or two so that the cows have something good to eat in the coming weeks.
We couldn't pump out of the creek if we wanted.

The creeks are mostly dry.  The rivers are very low and look more like a small creek.  I've never seen the creeks dry up like this.
1999 WM LT40, 40 hp 4WD tractor, homemade forks, grapple, Walenstein FX90 skidding winch, Stihl 460 039 saws,  homebuilt kiln, ......

chevytaHOE5674

Our river flows into Lake Superior about 1/2 mile down from the farm. Sooo for our river to go dry Lake Superior would have to drop about 4 or 5 feet.

Thank You Sponsors!