iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

what a DanG day!

Started by Den Socling, August 01, 2014, 09:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

Got out of bed this morning and used the toilet. Went to wash my hands and face and had no water. Went to the basement and switched to the second well. Got a cup of coffee and went to the shop. Found a leaking boiler pipe spraying steam. Shut it down to cool. Went to my computer and talked to a guy in Florida that wants me to dry 7" thick Cypress. He will buy a kiln if I can do it. I expected a load of baseball bats around 11. Got a call from the trucker - he had a flat tire and would be late. The trucker and a helper is supposed to unload the dry bats. I started unloading them as I worked on the boiler piping. Naturally, trying to get pipes apart broke more fittings. Back to my computer and continued a discussion with a guy in Hawaii that thinks he can build a SS chamber and all he needs from me is heating plates. I'm going to let him simmer for at least a week. At 5:03 I called the day done even though the truck never showed up. I cracked a beer. At 5:05 Patti says the truck is here. At 7 we have the dry billets on the truck and the wet billets in the kiln. And I don't see a day when I will ever be able to retire. Oh well. Life is interesting.

Peter Drouin

Some days are like that :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

yukon cornelius

seems about the typical day around here  :D not really  :D but when it happens... it happens!! luckily its over. smile and enjoy the rest of the day  ;D
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Den Socling

The rest of the day is going to be in the sack. I warned Patti that she was going to have a stinky body next to her.  :D

WmFritz

I got to know  ???

You cracked the beer, but did it get drank?  ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

sandhills

Den, if it helps any a little over a month ago I bought a new to me pickup, '06 Ford 250 and my wife needed it this afternoon for a trip, I wanted to change the oil first, it has a new engine (I did change the break in oil earlier) so I climbed underneath to see an oil leak.  Well I thought to myself, why would a brand new long block be leaking oil?  The oil pan was rubbing on the cross member the engine mounts are bolted to, went back to the dealer and talked to the mechanic who put it in, suppose they're gonna stand behind it?  NOPE!  Put a whole 3k miles on it but it wasn't a "mechanical issue" so warranty doesn't cover it, the rest of my day went downhill from there but I won't bore you.  And to WmFritz, I also cracked a beer and yes it got drank!  ;)

Den Socling

Bill, It got drank but, after sitting for two hours, I mixed it with a cold one.
Sandhills, that's a bummer about that oil pan. Those guys should be ashamed.

luvmexfood

Quote from: Den Socling on August 02, 2014, 10:31:59 AM
Bill, It got drank but, after sitting for two hours, I mixed it with a cold one.Sandhills, that's a bummer about that oil pan. Those guys should be ashamed.

Way to go. Never waste one is my theory.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Den Socling

Went to a friends annual summer bash today. Everybody brings a covered dish. As usual, the bacon wrapped water chestnuts were there. Golly but they are good. Randy supplies corn on the cob, steamed clams and a keg of beer. Life is good. Yesterday is gone. Life is good!

Thank You Sponsors!