iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

berrys

Started by coxy, August 15, 2015, 11:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

will cows /deer eat juniper berrys

Chuck White

Don't know for sure, but I think bears will, and pretty sure birds will.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Roxie

I don't know about deer, but cows will attempt to eat anything inside the pasture.  In the case of juniper berries, I've been told that it can cause cows to abort calves. 
Say when

beenthere

How's the song go.. ".. they all do it",  even goats do it.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

LeeB

Goats use it to flavor their drank and call it gin.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

loggah

Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: LeeB on August 15, 2015, 03:00:46 PM
Goats use it to flavor their drank and call it gin.
A man and his pet goat walk into a bar. It's about 5pm, but they're ready for a good night of drinking. They start off slowly, watching TV, drinking beer, eating peanuts. As the night goes on they move to drinking Gin with Juniper Berries one after the other. Finally, the bartender says: "Last call." So, the man says, "One more for me... and one more for my goat." The bartender sets them up and they shoot them back. Suddenly, the goat falls over dead. The man throws some money on the bar, puts on his coat and starts to leave. The bartender, yells: "Hey buddy, you can't just leave that lyin' there." To which the drunk replies: "That's not a lion, that's a goat."  :D :D :D :D :D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

bluthum

Deer will eat them but  in quantity only as a last resort. Starvation fare.

Cows will eat them like they will about anything else they can reach that belongs on a tree.

coxy

thanks for the replys  the reason I ask was the distillery in town gave me 180lb of them after they used them for gin  steve_smiley  and 800gal of the corn slop the beef cows go nuts over the slop  :)

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Thank You Sponsors!