iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stuck

Started by Kemper, January 11, 2013, 12:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

They was using a forwarder and going across the bog. It had been corduroy many years ago and a few layers of rock that my father and me put in to it. We went across it with a 40hp tractor and some big pine with no problems. A forwarder with a load of logs weights alot more than what we ever did and wider too. I think the wider part is what did them in.This is floating land and you could see it move even when we went across it. They broke through it and had to pick up a log and put it way over on one side to get out. They were so wide,they got off the road on one side. The road was not made for something that wide.Plenty of rocks was up by the landing and they hauled a few big ones into it to help me out. I hauled alot of small ones into it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

justallan1

A bad day indeed.
The last one reminds me of chopping corn a few years back and having a KW silage dump truck fall through a 5' culvert. The guy had to climb out the passenger side, for fear of WHEN it was going to tip. I got some chains on a couple places on the box and pulled sideways with a Cat loader while another guy got in front with a big Volvo loader. The part that I just couldn't believe was the guy went and dumped his load without ever even taking a look at the truck to see what all was busted.

Norm

Wow that does look scary! There's a reason logging is rated as such a dangerous job, glad you came out of it ok.

coxy

norm every time i see your pic with that pice of meat i get hungry lol

Norm

Thank You Sponsors!