iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

DanG and double DanG  

Started by chet, August 24, 2004, 07:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

I was diggin' for da new saw barn today. I noticed da backhoe, with a full bucket,  had a little lean to da left. Side wall on one of da front tires split open and was going down fast.  :'(  
Any ideas where a guy can get a good used 16.9x 24 industrial tire, cheap.   :-/
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

DanG

Well Chet, just look at the bright side. It'll be easy to check the air in that one. Just open the flap and look inside. :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

BW_Williams

Heck Chet, it's only flat on one side, turn it over! :D
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

EZ

Let the air out on the other side and then it will be even again. Works for me.
EZ

Furby

Jeff

I left a message on Chet's phone promising not to make light on this thread of his predicament :-X
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Please don't, it's a heavy subject. ::)
Those things don't grade very good with one flat tire.  Lacking the money or the availability of a new tire,  I propose that the other side should be flattened to put the machine back on an even keel. :P

OneWithWood

Chet, I sure would help you if I could.  Unfortunately I am busy with the wifes greenhouse and will begin pounding nails on my saw barn on Monday.  Geez, your unfortunate little mishap may slow you done enough that you won't get that building done before I get mine done - Wooheeeeee!!  (Highly unlikely to prove true)
Be careful with that crippled hoe now  ;)
You do have a pick and shovel don't you? :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

chet

We are up and diggin' again.  8)  Da tire store was able ta fix me right up, all I had ta do was bring along my wallet.   ::)
OWW, ya better hop to it. I hope to be settin' posts by da end of next week.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

OneWithWood

I'm on it.  Just ordered the trusses this morning.  I should have the walls up by the end of next week.  Gonna spend tomorrow and Sunday clearing all the stickered lumber off the slab and moving the mill so there is room to work.  The ground is too muddy to set the anchors for the greenhouse so the little lady says I can work on the barn till it dries up a bit.  Supposed to rain all weekend.  I can move lumber in the rain ;D
One With Wood

chet

:D  :D  :D  :D  I take it you don't want me to get mine up first.
Even though I only just started.   ;D

OneWithWood

Would you ever let me forget it if you did? :D

I got all 6800+ bdft of stickered lumber moved and restacked off the slab this weekend - when it is raining you don't know your sweating.  Sure feel it today.

You don't need to rush or anything.  I am only going to get the framing done and the roof on in the next couple of weeks.  I will be taking a small break to get that greenhouse up and the stuff done for the field day before I cut and hang the siding and make and hang the doors.

Oh. yeah, I still need to put in firewood for the winter.  Figure I am going to need at least 60 rick ( 20 cords ) with the new greenhouse.  May be awhile before I get to the siding.

DanG, I'm feeling all wore out just thinking about it
One With Wood

chet

That was my project today. Started makin' firewood. I need quite a few loads too.

OneWithWood

Glad to see I am not the only one that put off getting in the firewood until the last minute this year :)
One With Wood

Woodcarver

You have lots of company.  I hauled and stacked a half cord this morning.  Have alot more to go before I'm finished.
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Thank You Sponsors!