iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skidloader Opportunity

Started by bugdust, August 21, 2011, 08:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugdust

About the time I convince the wife I have bought my last piece of equipment, another good deal comes by. I'm now interested in a LX565 New Holland skidsteer. The unit is a '95 model with only 860 hours. Yea, sure you're saying, while  laughing your head off, but these are actual hours. The reason I know is because my buddy works for US Corp of Engineers at a local facility and he is very familiar with the skidsteer. Seems they have been Obama-ized and loads of $s came through. Their policy is, use it, or loose. The unit comes with two buckets, forks and an extra set of "used" tires. Any of you guys know much about this skidsteer?
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

stumpy

It's got about 1300# lift capacity, but I'm sure it will lift more.  They are very good machines.  How much is he asking?
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Buck

If the price is affordable I wouldnt second guess it.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

ladylake

1300# is kinda light for a skidloader around a mill but if you get it cheap try it and if not heavy enough trade it on a bigger one. Mine is rated at 2250# and itwill pick up most logs but not all.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

nlrwrangler

I have an 865 I believe that it is awesome.  the lift capacity rated at 3600lbs and I have picked large logs 25 plus ft.  I am new to sawing but with a great set of tires and solid ground I have pushed 12-16 in oak and walnut trees down.  the only piece of equipment that we use more ofter in a Telehandler.  But I agree that is seems a little light but depends on your needs. 

jackpine

I have a lx565 skidsteer that I bought this spring. It is rated at #1500 and if is going to be your only piece of log handling equipment may be too light. But for all around use, moving lumber, dirt, gravel, snow etc. it is a nice size machine and fits in my small shed  :D
I have a tractor/loader with #3000 capacity for larger logs so the #1500 lift is no problem.
bill

bugdust

Thanks for your input guys. I agree the machine is a little light, but my main use will be moving slabs and lumber around. I have a Zetor 3340 with a front loader that has all the lifting power to move logs. I think the $7500 price is good from what I've checked in Machinery Trader. I knew I couldn't go wrong asking your advice.
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

Thank You Sponsors!