iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sad world!

Started by yukon cornelius, November 04, 2014, 10:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozarkgem

no mail box for me. Po box.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

mesquite buckeye

Had a big problem in my father in law's neighborhood in S Florida with punks driving down and pulling mailboxes and feeding them to the gators in the canals. We replaced the mailbox with a 6X6 post sunk into the ground 4 feet, then mounted the mailbox to that w a few nails that accidentally missed the post. After they smashed up their car, they tried to pull the box and felt just like Jesus. ;D A little blood on the nails.  ;D They had to settle for bashing it with  a 2X4. :(

I had trouble with mailbox bashers, knockers at my house. I used a heavy red cedar post sunk in 4 feet, then got one of those heavy 10 ga. mail boxes and mounted it on bur oak deck screwed to the post. The bashers are very sad. :'( :'( :'(

I am happy. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

timberlinetree

I've never had a mail box. I'm missing a lot. :D
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

timberlinetree

Or drink coffee so I'm not that awake in the morning and sometimes double post. Sorry!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

yukon cornelius

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

mrcaptainbob

Last 'neighborhood' we lived in had three houses on one side, one on the other. Two mailboxes were on one post across the road from us. Kids full of mischief from  about 1/2 mile away were putting firecrackers in the boxes one night. Us neighbors were in my drive waiting for them, sure enough they slowly came down the road and stuffed it again. Next time I waited in the van, engine running, in gear, parking brake on, no lights. Here they come! The fireworks went off, the lights came on, a squeal of tires and the race was on! I chased them around the local roads for close to twenty miles! Never with the intention of actually catching them, just to scare them a bit. The three teens pulled over and got out. I made sure the windows were up as I passed by. They must've thought that old man to be CRAZY!!, as we never did have another issue....

Thank You Sponsors!