iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Fixes, workarounds and learning the new forum tricks.

Started by Old Greenhorn, January 30, 2024, 08:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Greenhorn

Per Jeff's request, this topic is for sharing things you have learned in getting around and along with the new forum. If you have an issue, there is a companion thread for that found  HERE

This is so that we can all help each other understand the new platform. Just as an example: It is no longer possible or necessary to upload photos to your gallery before posting them. Now you just use the tool at the bottom of the post creation page and drag your photos or browse for them.
 SO anything you have learned that will help others, please post it here and be specific. Also, clearing your cache and bookmarks of any old FF connections will only help. A lot of these issues are not bugs or probelms, they are just learning curve and we can help each other out without burdening Jeff and his team.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Wlmedley

Was getting database error when ever I tried to post a reply.If I made reply really short it would go through.Jeff told everyone to delete all old forum links and I (being sort of dense) didn���t know how to get rid of bookmark and favorites.I finally figured how to get them off and if this goes through I think that was the problem.Sorry for the trouble I may have caused.Now I���m trying to figure out how to resize pictures on iPad and I think I can figure it out after doing some research.
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

Jeff

Be sure to logout, then delete stuff, then logback in by typing out the whole address, dont click on browser prompts
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

I discovered there is a go to the top of the page arrow in the very bottom right green corner of the page. Handy
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

lurk

Quote from: Jeff on January 31, 2024, 12:20:22 PMI discovered there is a go to the top of the page arrow in the very bottom right green corner of the page. Handy

Also a go Up and go down button below and left of last post, and directly above first post
My FF Gallery
TGMForum The Garden Machinery Forum

Old Greenhorn

Yes, and they behave differently. The lower left one brings you to the top of the frame, the lower right one brings you to the top of the page which I find more handy.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Nobohdy

I have noticed when sending someone a private message, if you choose to create a new pm from your messages area and type their name in the to line that it will send, but if i choose to send a private message from clicking the send a pm option from in someones profile, that it will not work and give me a database error.