iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Well, i went mad.

Started by Satamax, July 30, 2020, 03:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruiser_79

Quote from: Satamax on August 11, 2020, 05:07:29 AM
Well, theoretically, i have 50 liters at 160 bars. Per the brimont brochure. But i'm not sure, i might have more. as it's a twin pump. Otherwise, i can always fit a hydraulic pump to the ZF gearbox.

And about the palax, it's simple.

I have two numbers,15kw and 210 bars maximum.

15 x 600 = 9000  

9000/210 = 42.86 liter per minute.

Based on the hydraulic power formula.   https://www.berendsen.com.au/hydraulic-system-design/engineering-and-design/hydraulic-formulas/

I need to test my pressure on the brimont, and my flow.

But i think this could be doable.
The 600 is without losses, but indeed it should be doable. And probably the electric drive is a bit overkill so it won't exactly needs 15 kW. And not all the hydraulics work exactly at the same time I assume. 
Is there a oil cooler in your hydraulic circuit? 
Do you see those Brimonts more in france? I've never seen them before. There are some Bremachs around here but still very rare. 

Satamax

Hi Cruiser. 

Well, the brimonts are rare as hen't teeth. Well, there is two like mine, and one of the newer model for sale on Leboncoin, a French equivalent of marktplaats or 2ememain.be. 

But they are old now, and rare.  It's far bigger than a Bremach. Bigger than a lot of unimogs. I don't have a cooling circuit on the hydraulics. Well, for the moment, i should make it function well. And i'll see what i can do for next year. 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Satamax

Well, all my plans were pipe dreams.

The saw is not hydraulically driven, but direct belt drive. So i need a new generator, if i want to use it off site.

Back to step one, PTO and PTO gen set  :-\   :(

Tried it last Friday, on the big generator. No prob, or nearly. We stuck the blade in a log. I think the length stop doesn't work well.  Tried it today, on the mains, 15kw for 15kw power supply. Ney working! Starts, and trips the main breaker, even with the soft starter (sikostart iirc) 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Satamax

So, my blade needs sharpening. 

Palax power 100s - YouTube

31 août 2020 - YouTube

31 août 2020 - YouTube

31 août 2020 - YouTube

31 août 2020 - YouTube

The depth stop doesn't function, 

The log clamp hasn't got any strength. But i still can do my firewood. I might have half a cord, or a smidge less of already well dried logs, cut to length. Some 4" to 8" trunks which might dry fast enough. And some huge 15 to 18, some which are too big for the processor. Will cut in 1 meter, and split on the 32 tons table splitter of a friend, i think. Or chuck these on the saw, and split down the middle with it. 

Cruiser_79

That looks good! Quite a nasty blade, what diameter is it? The log is transported by the belt isn't it? Does that work well or does it slip easily? 

Satamax

So far, it seems to function all right. It's all rubber.And doesn't slip much on  the bark anyway. But i haven't fed it long long pieces. They say 4 meters maximum. The blade is 100cm. 

Satamax

I'm low tonight. 

The length stop doesn't work. I've known that since the first try. I have bought the machine sight unseen. On a gamble. 

Spoke with a local, ish business who used to sell those. And the workshop guy, told me to take appart the ball valve which gets touched by the saw's arm, when it gets back up. I did  clean it and repair it. Some idiot had "deactivated" the spring. By reversing the washer which actuates the rod. 

But that didn't fix the problem! :( 

nativewolf

with your skills I am sure you will get it working, don't get discouraged.  

We had cleaned and painted our Ponsse Elephant, a few issues that require a service truck.  However in cleaning the serivce bay under the bunks we removed so much dirt and trash that a broken brace and bearing (bearing should have bolted to a brace that is welded to bunk) were free, we thought it an odd look when we were cleaning but what did we know.  Today we move it a couple of feet and here a slamming sound, the drive shaft was now free to whirl around, nothing holding it in place.  We have a welder coming in the morning and it will be ok by lunch.  Long story just to say these things happen, you'll get it fixed!
Liking Walnut

mike_belben

Im curious how they designed this thing now.  Whats the ball valve do?
Praise The Lord

Satamax

Quote from: mike_belben on September 03, 2020, 08:16:42 PM
Im curious how they designed this thing now.  Whats the ball valve do?
Thanks guys. 
Mike, i call that a ball valve, but what do i know. I'm an hydraulics novice. 
Basically, when the arm which bears the saw goes back up after the cut, there's another "thing" which starts the splitting. And there should be this one, which pushes the length stop back into position. I'm waiting for the hydraulic schematic. There is other things which don't work, that i don't care of.  But this one i'm fussy about. 

Satamax

The thing is visible on the video, on the first page, at around 30s. 

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Satamax

Here Mike

Palax Power 100s Firewood Processor cutting up logs - YouTube

At thirty seconds or thereabouts. 

I received the hydraulic manual. I wasn't touching the right valve. I'll see how it goes tonight. 

mike_belben

Sorry max, but all i see is a safety shield.  

Post up the schematics, pics, vids, horoscope, weather report and detailed gripe sheet when u can and lets get this thing fixed.  
Praise The Lord

Satamax

GRANITEstateMP

Satamax,

is the hydro log stop a necessity to get the machine to function? or is it just to get uniform length pieces?
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Satamax

Quote from: GRANITEstateMP on September 05, 2020, 09:16:56 AM
Satamax,

is the hydro log stop a necessity to get the machine to function? or is it just to get uniform length pieces?
Hi GranitesateMP. Well, it's to get uniform length pieces, but also, so that the pieces fall down in the right position. Basically, what happens, is when the saw cuts a piece of log, the stop retracts 3 cm ( a smidge more than an inch) And when the log falls; with this stop, the log can't fall on it's end. If the log falls on it's end, and the splitter being automatic, it just jams the cross grain log onto the wedge. Meaning that i have to remove the log from the wedge with a club hammer. Position it right.  And start a splitting movement again. Not much of a problem. But that wastes some time. And if the logs are crooked much. This happens quite often. Plus, this controls the log clamp too. So i can't apply downwards pressure on the last bit, to cut it to the right length. And this sometimes jams the saw. I can use the machine. But not up to it's full potential. 
Hope this clarifies the situation i'm in. 

GRANITEstateMP

thanks Satamax, that helps. 

My machine is your machines little cousin!  On the Hakki Pilki machines, a lot of the moving parts are mechanical linkages. My log stop is mechanical, as you pull the saw down through the log, the stop pivots on an offset cam.  That would allow you to still have uniform cuts, not pinch the blade, and the stop can help keep the rounds falling square into the split chamber. That's easier said than done you got that big spinning saw, I don't! Not sure how that will effect you log clamp, one problem at a time.

Another thing we've found that helps keep the rounds squre when falling into the chamber is cutting longer length rounds. Anything under 15in long we tend to have more pieces fall awkwardly.  Hope that helps some. If you can maybe look up the parts or service manual for a Hikki Pilki 1x37 maybe it'll give ya an idea???
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Satamax

Dang, another problem appeared.

The linkage between hydraulic motor, and chain sprockets at the bottom of outfeed conveyor is making bad clonking

Well, this message took a while to write.

And I think it's fixed. The  bolt used as shear pin was broken.

Hope this gets better. Untested soo far. Didn't want to start the gen set. At 7pm.

Satamax

Next thing, the depth stop valve is shabby. 

The thing highlighted above has broken. A friend reckons this is a pressure relief valve. It's leaking badly. 

Anybody knows what the whole valve might be called, if ever i need to source it elsewhere. 

Thanks a lot guys. 

mike_belben

Not a setup i recognize but it looks like a cartridge style relief valve.  It probably has O rings thatve failed. 
Praise The Lord

Satamax

Hi Mike.

Well, the very end bit has broken.

Got the quote this morning. 272€ for the whole part, shipped taxes included.  smiley_cry

Satamax

The dead part. A pressure limiter. 

Satamax

Repaired the limiter my way. 

Found the parts that I lost in the grass. 

But I don't know which way these go.  :'(

Brass piston as first limiter, with the spring loading it? 

Found the same valve on the net. But it doesn't tell me anything about the way it goes. https://www.google.fr/search?q=hydraulic+yf08-09+sun&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwijqpT_79nrAhXa_IUKHeD4C-oQ2-cCegQIABAC&oq=hydraulic+yf08-09+sun&gs_lcp=ChJtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1pbWcQDFCJ0gNY59gDYIviA2gAcAB4AIAB-AGIAcICkgEFMS4wLjGYAQCgAQHAAQE&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-img&ei=U6NXX-O0D9r5lwTg8a_QDg&bih=648&biw=360&prmd=sivn

mike_belben

I dont know the answer max but you need to be VERY, VERY CAREFUL.  If thats the main system relief and you bungle it up an explosion of some component will result.  Shrapnel and fluid injections can lead to amputation .. Or heaven forbid, even cremation.

Call the machine or component manufacturer and ask for tech dept. If they dont know the order ask for a PDF on the valve.  Or find part number on the valve and google it with .pdf included. 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!