iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

firewood processor

Started by woody1, August 30, 2007, 05:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody1

I have some questions about purchasing a firewood processor. I have been tinking about it for a couple years and the new addition of Woodlot Mag. got me pumped up. How many members have processors?
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

Bibbyman

We got a BlockBuster 1412 - the smallest they make.  We used it quite a bit last winter. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Ron Wenrich

We're running a Multitek.  You can put out some volume with one of those, but you should have some sort of grapple loader to load logs.  You can't use the crooked stuff.

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

OneWithWood

Get your hands on the latest Sawmill and Woodlot mag.  There were a number of processors at Sawlex this year and they did a good job of explaining how the different ones worked.  All kinds of good info, except the price.
I use a TW-5.  Not really a processor, just a splitter on steroids.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Captain

MRS Captain is occasionally running her Built Rite.  Nice Machine, but we make more money with the Sawmill which was about half the price...

My biggest problem is the 18" log diameter capacity, I still end up with a lot of firewood that needs to be done with the splitter.

Captain

Sawyerfortyish

I also run a multitek. There a good machine but you better have a whole forest laying in a yard or you'll soon be scrounging for wood. I took a look at the new machine multitek has with a circle saw at the show in boonville. Wow is that fast but 108 grand price you got to split a lot of wood to pay for it.

IL Bull

This one was at Old Threshers to help keep the steam hot. 8)
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

Thank You Sponsors!