iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

DanG pull rope on MS250 broke!

Started by Bibbyman, May 13, 2012, 04:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_Smith

The Lombard 4.2 cubic inch version ,Comango ,Lightning 1-2-3 where just souped up versions of the Homelite xl-12 .That saw as timed at over 30 degrees of ignition advance .They will snap at you .Although not in this day age but in their day they were considered extremely fast

Not bad considering the age and 67-68 cc .Short side known crankcase seal leakers .I've got 2 or 3 in boxes that were toasted by someone else and two of mine I don't run because they need seals .I'll get a -round -tu-it one of these days .

lumberjack48

Quote from: Al_Smith on May 16, 2012, 12:21:24 PM
I don't know about others but I just buy braided nylon rope 50 feet at a time from the local farm store .It's only about a dime a foot .No problems that I can see . I have a drawer full of the stuff in various sizes .Tangled up of course but it's in there some place .
Hardware store rope will work, but it don't last for years like a genuine starter rope. When i had the shop there was no way i could put it in a clients saw. I used it many times, it lasted me pretty good, but thats with me running the saw.

That Lombard Lightning would out cut my XL-800 Homelite. It was the loudest saw i ever had, she really had a bark to it. I had XL-12's, and the Super XL's, the red and green one, the Lombard was super fast compared to them.

Bibbyman are you having rope problems ?
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Thank You Sponsors!