iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Christmas contest!

Started by Jeff, December 01, 2004, 05:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Keep yer eyes and ears open, its a coming, and we'll be having some of dem super blue tools again... ;D

LogRite Tools
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

Let me guess. The first one to respond to this thread is the winner, right? ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Pete J

Kevin said I'm not allowed to play again. Drats!

When are we going to have a sawmill contest?

Pete J

DanG

They don't call me DanG fer nuthin.  Hey Boss, I'll take a peavey. I ain't a real fan of blue, though. Reckon I could get a green one?  
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

neslrite

DanG,
  We could do one in a YELLOWISHREDISHGREEN just to keep everyone happy :)
Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

GareyD

Ok...I'm a watching and a listenin'....

If it's good to eat, I know what to do with it when I find it....

But I ain't sure what I'm watching for!!!!

GareyD
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

DanG

Keepin' everybody happy is gonna be a challenge. Maybe ya could go with polka-dots er sumpthin. ::) ::)  Ya could keep the blue as a background, but Baker would barely show up, and Logrite would be invisible.  Peterson's mills are in brushed aluminum, but their logo is black and red. Maybe you could have some black and red polka-dotted polka-dots?

Jeff

I do believe that the Christmas contest tools will be LogRite blue cause dats what I like. :) Besides, I have tested the color in a mill situation and blue is the color I'm telling ya. Its not like or dislike, it works. You can walk out in the mill and find them at a glance.

chet

Blue is purty. I love my purty blue Hookaroon.   :)
My butt is still sore from kickin' myself for not buyin' da matchin' purty blue cant hook at Paul Bunyan.  :(
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

neslrite

Chet,
  You could have come to see me at the TCIA show in Detroit, I had lots of blue tools and one pink one. ;D
  Or there is always UPS, the question is does UPS go to they UP or do the call it YoopeeS. :D
Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

chet

I'm kinda hopin' Santa might drop one off.  :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

sandmar

Got my eyes wide open Jeff...been drooling over then blue tools for awhile. You gonna give us a ready,set,GO? I need a jump start with this head cold. DanG you give some us other fellers a shot at this now ya hear!

Sandmar

J_T

DanG iffin you win have em send it to me i'll use it for you till it changes color then send it on to you  ;D
Jim Holloway

MULE_MAN

JEFF

Are we going to have to guess hope many Christmas light bulbs you have on the
outside your house,    ??? Are what your Electric Bill will be for December  :D :D :D ;D

What ever it is I'm sure it will be good  ;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS   MULE-MAN    8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Jeff

Hey! Thats an idea! And I do know EXACTLY how many lights are out there. :)

Fla._Deadheader

Forty-lebben hunnerd lites and 1 frosty wit a roid problem. :)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

I'm having a hard time taking anything you say seriously since you started wearing that hat again. ;)

Fla._Deadheader

Can't enjoy life being serious. ;) ;D ;D

If'n a had a SUMMER type FF hat, I could prune the other one some.  ::)  Them WINTER type FF hats is toooo DanG hottt. ;D ;D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

MULE_MAN

A hat !!!! Here all this time I thought you had a flower pot on your head  :D :D :D ;D

Fla._Deadheader

Akshully, I'm VERY safetee konshuss. Dat's a HARD hat. I got it growin like 1 a dem sheea kritters.  ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

etat

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

MrMoo

Hay I like the hat. Its like one of dem camo-flugee hats only different. Can hardly see that Deadheader in there.

MULE_MAN

Well I'm just wondering if that Hat, doesn't have that there funny stuff  growing,  that
people smoke  !!! I mean he is smiling   :D :D :D ;D

Paschale

I'm just wishin' we had a close-up of that tag on the front of FDH's shrubbery...maybe that's the Christmas contest, to guess what that DanG tag says!   :D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

DanG

I know what it says! 8) 8) 8) 8) I'm gonna e-mail it to Jeff. Y'all may as well go back to sleep. I done got this thing wrapped up. ;D ;D ;D

Grawulf

I THnk it sez unOfishul Forstree fourUmmm Het

WoodSmith

I think he's carrying a big ol bunch o mizzletoe hopin to get lucky!!  ;D
And the tag says "Hug a bush save a deadheader"!! ;) ;)
;D
MEERRY CHRISTMAS

SwampDonkey

Yippee

Woowee

Yehaw

Another contest of wit, skill and recollection

Can't wait Jeff, these are always fun. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawwood

Yes i liked the Christmas Contest, Jeff hurry up i need a
 Log Rite cant hook. Have some big walnut logs to move.

Fla_Deadheader I like your Hat, Keeps the Gaters at bay
 with that one. LOL

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Avalancher

Okay, now you are keeping all the newbies around here(myself included) in a constant state of diverness(that is a word, right?)
What is a Christmas Contest, and how do ya play?
Come on, let a new kid into the circle now, I wanna play too!

rbarshaw

Anything blue around my mill would shure stand out good, might embarass the mill into beging for a paint job :o ;D :o
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

WoodSmith

Ha avalanche how ya doing?,
You might win a prize for coinin a new word "diverness"
Woodsters Dectionery saz.
diverness: to jump in with your clooz on with complete abandonment only realizin that it wernt the swimming pool ya just dove into.
 8)

fstedy

8) 8) 8) I got it Jeff's got a GA ZILLION  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)BLUE BULBS  8) 8) 8)
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Jeff

thinking thinking thinking.  I would be combing all over the LogRite site if I was yooze guys&gals

fstedy

My monitor is displaying some strange colors I thought I saw an Orange Logrite cant hook ??? ??? ???
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

KENROD

Well looky there. I wonder if Bibby knows they got his cant hook over there. He must have misplaced it. ;D :D ;D

isawlogs

It's not orange it's yellowishred...... ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WoodSmith

It says you can get Custom colors by special order
So how bout a pink one for hookin ;)

WoodSmith

I can't believe that I actually killed this post.
 :-[

Furby

WoodSmith

Okie Dokie,
It is clear as day

edsaws

Is it that they're havin a SALE.I told the wife they're havin a sale and she didn't buy one of each :'( like I was hopin,mabybe if they looked more like shoes ;D

rbarshaw

My favorite part of the LogRite site is the link to The Forestry Forum. Looks like alot of good tools there too ;D
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

sandmar

ooooooo...ooooooo...couldn't be as easy as the new link to the forestry forum website could it?      nah....Jeff will have something only Rainman can figure out  :D

Sandmar

Jeff

I think I'll start the contest official like by friday night. :)

Now ya'll be sure to keep looking over that www.logrite.com site, but now ya need to add in www.rustreaper.com because Rust Reaper is adding in a nice price package for our contest too!

MULE_MAN

I was thinking you were going to start like 12 days before Christmas & do the 12 day of Christmas thing  :D  :D

But Friday is good   8)

etat

I can say that Rust Reaper is the best thing I have ever used for rusted up tools, or bolts, or anything that has rusted up so it won't work right.  The stuff is amazing and hands down better than anything else I have ever used :), without a doubt.
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Jeff

Well, thats a pretty good guess, now donthca want to be done by Christmas and spending Christmas day doing something other then hanging out here with me hoping for something blue?  If so, we gotta start Friday. :)

MULE_MAN

Good Point    ;D  8)  That makes Friday sound even Better  8)

Paschale

Well, I think ya need to have an official start time Friday night, and we'll all plan to meet here then for the games to begin.   ;) That'll probably be the busiest you've seen the forum!  But hey...I get outta work at 9:30...let's make it after that, will ya?   :D :D

Oh...by the way...work that night is playing in the pit for the Nutcracker Ballet...maybe Iain should show up in his tutu!  

:D :D

iain

nice of rusty reaps to jump in with a prize
when are the orange boys gonna drop in with an lt40super :) 8)

iain

Murf

Fridays sound good, period.....  ;)

Contests on Fridays sound even better.  ;D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Patty

After 9:30pm is too late for us old folks!  :D    Some of us require more beauty rest than others do apparently.  :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

MULE_MAN

By Friday after working all week, my brain has shut down  ::)

I don't know what to blame it on ,   ??? on the other days  ;D

Danny_S

I have all the time in the world.... I can almost repeat Logrite's webside out loud  :D  Now on to the reaper....
Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

Paschale

QuoteAfter 9:30pm is too late for us old folks!  :D    Some of us require more beauty rest than others do apparently.  :D

Well, hey...I think we should start this contest at 2:00 in the morning!   ;)  The more people who are in bed, the better!   :D

Oh...and Patty...I gave up on the beauty rest along time ago--ain't nothing gonna help my situation!   ;)

Jeff

The contest will give everyone plenty of time to get involved without a stampede being necessary. :)

I forgot to mention, we will be starting up our Rust Reaper Poster awards again after the first of the year. 8)  8)

Paschale

Hmm...what are the Rust Reaper Poster awards, Jeff?   ???

ksu_chainsaw

Two in the morning in the US?  Sounds like a good time for me.   ;D  ;D  Thats only 11 am my time.  Too bad that I wont be around that much to look at the site for a few days- time for some much needed R&R.

Charles

TN_man

I guess all of this will be a learning experience for me too. ::)
When do I start watching the fun? 8)
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

2bearslumber

Roxie

Since I won't be online tonight when the contest gets started, and DanG has told us all to stay home anyway.....I'd like to submit my answer to the (as yet unasked) Rust Reaper question.  Ready.......  Volatile Organic Compounds.
Please let me know if I've won and I'll gladly supply the mailing address for my prize delivery!   ;)
Say when

efitzgerald

Im new here fill me in on how to play so i can win the right way guys
tougher than a $2.00 steak

Ed_K

The big thing here is, not to have your puter die in the middle, like mine did last yr >:( :'( ;).
Ed K

Paschale

OK...I just got home from work...let the games begin!   ;)

Thank You Sponsors!