iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

60 Minutes

Started by Haytrader, December 08, 2004, 05:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haytrader

I just watched the segment on deserters on 60 Minutes.

GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I think I need another blood pressure pill now.

Did any of you see it?
Haytrader

DanG

I didn't see it.  I can just imagine, though. I am fortunate in that I live in a CBS dead zone. I can't even get a glimmer of that August organization on my rabbit ears. I even missed out on Dan Rather makin' a butt of himself.....again. ;D :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

gizmo

The money is good until they have to go earn it. They complain they have to fight in a war. Why in the hell did they enlist?? I hated Weekend warriors when I gopt drafted in 69 but I give the ones in Iraq and overseas all the credit in the world. We were all kids drafted in the Vietnam era, most of these guys are lifers with families and are giving their lives just the same except the pink belly  border crossers. I'm finished sqwacking before I get in trouble. God Bless America!

Haytrader

::)

No CBS?
HMMM!
Then you missed the anouncement of his retirement too.
It'll be DanG hard to replace him..... :-[

NOT...... ;D
Haytrader

TN_man

In his retirement anouncement, he said he would like to spend more of his time doing investigative reporting. He didn't do a good job investigateing his reports or their sources before, I guess he could use the extra time. :P
I did not see the report, but I could imagine it would make one's blood boil.
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

Norm

Gee whiz Haytrader watchya doing watching those morons on 60 minutes. I quit watchin the networks on september 11th 2003. They ran a story on network news about how we needed to be more sensitive to the arab plight. Wrote them and our local affiliate a letter telling them why I wouldn't watch their trash talk any more, haven't been back since. Quite frankly I don't miss it one bit.

Desserters huh...we made some for after supper last night. Butter cake, only problem we had was there wasn't any powdered sugar for the frosting. ;D

rebocardo

I do not watch CBS, but, one of my favorite stories was the one where the kid in CA who had joined the Marines refused to go because the recuiter never made it clear he was going to have to kill people. WHAT? Who does the US send in first BUT the Marines when they want something killed. Plus, he took his mommie along for moral support.What a disgrace. Give someone a college degree and they still can't think for themselves.

Good thing he did his yellow thing in the U.S. and not in combat and get someone in his company killed.

DanG

They shoulda made him(and his Mommy) pay for all the training he got, and the supplies he expended while he was in.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

gizmo

I don't think it would be " POLITICALLY CORRECT " in this day an age. Most people want everything for nothing....... Work is what made America, not brand new work shoes and sneakers with no dirt on them........... :'( ??? :'( :-/

Ga_Boy

In the Navy, we gave two options.

Surrender

or  

Die

10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Ed_K

I'm with Engineer  ;).
 May God Bless Our Troops.
Ed
Ed K

Timber_Framer

Ga_Boy sounds as though you did a bit of swimin off Virginia beach or maybe Coronado?
I'm fine with the deserters as long as they pay back what they owe and move to Iran. >:(
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Ga_Boy

T F,

For me it was Coronado.  That water was so cold it made my head hurt.

I went to some training that had a lot of Army reservists attending at the same time.  They all laughed about how after the training was over they would go back home and go back to their civilian life.  To put them in thier place I pinned one of those fells to the ground one day and gave him a big wet on on the lips.  When I let him go DanG if he didn't come up swinging.  Had to out him back on the ground a second time.   But this time I was not so gental.  He didn't get up swinging anymore.

Well as it turned out; about 9 months later Kuwait was invaided and the Army reservists were called up in masses.  I did alot of laugh'n of my own. ;)

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Norwiscutter

I think the only thing worse than going to war...is not going and watching your friends go.
I did a short stint in the reserves last year to take advantage of the education benefits, kinda like an extension of previous service to try it out and see if I liked it.  What hit home the most was the willingness of these guys to deploy and do a job that they believed in, regardless of their family situation. Amongst active duty soldiers, it is trendy to make fun of the inabilities of reserve soldiers. But most of the reserve people i met were just as willing to go as all the long-hairs out there. I have a lot of respect for the reserve soldiers, who, although woefully inprepared in my mind, are just as willing to go as anyone else. Now, I played the game, and did my share of fun stuff.  But the thing is, watching some of these people that are leaving, I can't help but feel that maybe I should be going in their place.  I truely think that the reserve soldiers that are over there, are, in certain ways, braver than us guys with a lot more badges. We know that should we go anywhere, we at least got the training and skills to handle ourselfs properly. Going through selections tends to weed out most of the guys that scare you when they pick up their rifle. The reserves on the other hand still have m-60"s (no offense to the oldtimers) m-16's instead of M-4's, No nightvision(unless you count PVS-4's), and no armour on their vehicles.  But none the less, these guys were more than willing to head out.  God Bless em.  
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

chet

Well said, Norwiscutter!   :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

dail_h

I ain't never had no use for deserters,no use for them that harbor themor them that want to pardon,and mollicodel them.......
   We just week before last buried our cusin,27 who was killed in a wreck with a tank. 27 years old,was looking forward to coming home,get married and have a family. He enjoyed being a U S soldier.and was proud to serve his countryhis platoon was in that mess at fallousia,where they took one of themmosques where the ragheads was making bombs.He had called home,and talked to most everybody a coupla days before the accidentNah,I ain't got no use for no deserters,shoot'em on sight is ok by me.
   As for CBS,One of the few good things 'bout workin for GP is,I don't get to watch much tv,and when I do,it's usually RFD,or Discovery
   What,I ain't politicaly correct?    GOOD
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Thank You Sponsors!