iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

can somone tell me how to change the oil line on my 266 xp ?

Started by treechopper40, February 01, 2014, 09:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treechopper40

hi do I need to split the cases to change the oil line on my 266 husky or is there another way please help
1979 c5d treefarmer 1966 c5b treefarmer prentice g model loader 2 6100 dolmars a 6400 dolmar and a 7910 dolmar 2012 ford f 250 4x4 with a service body and 2 golden retreivers

AKDoug

It connects to the oil pump and passes through the wall into the oil tank. It is replaceable without splitting the case.

sablatnic

Just remove the clutch and the oil pump, and there you are, it's the round rubber thing.
And while the pump is out, take a look at the crank shaft seal, if it is worn, replace it, and replace the one in the other side too, as it most likely has run just as many hours.

NCFarmboy

Quote from: sablatnic on February 02, 2014, 03:59:02 AM
Just remove the clutch and the oil pump, and there you are, it's the round rubber thing.
And while the pump is out, take a look at the crank shaft seal, if it is worn, replace it, and replace the one in the other side too, as it most likely has run just as many hours.
Very good advice.  I would replace seal and O-ring while I had oil pump off.  Cheap insurance.
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

Thank You Sponsors!