iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Happy Birthday Brother Noble and Jeff!

Started by CHARLIE, July 21, 2010, 01:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpharmer

I sang happy birthday to Bro. Noble, Charlie and Jeff.  Be thankful you didn't hear it.  Ain't it the thought that counts.  :) I wish you many more. 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

CHARLIE

It was a perfect day for a birthday! Clear skies and 84°.  Donna and I took a motorcycle ride up the winding Minnesota 95 headed north along the St. Croix River.   We stopped and had lunch in Taylor Falls, Minnesota (a little town about a block long.....maybe two) at a little restaurant that is in a building that used to be the Taylor Falls Hotel built in 1852.  Nothing spectacular about the restaurant though.  We then walked across the street to a bakery and Donna bought a cranberry scone and I bought an apple turnover and some coffee. We sat on the sidewalk and I spoke to people as they sauntered by. :-)  Then we crossed the river into Wisconsin, drove through St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin on State Road 8 and continued to State Road 65, which goes back through New Richmond (20 miles away).  State Road 65 is an undulating very curvy (one curve is a 10mph 90° turn and there are several that are 20mph curves).  I say undulating because when they made the road they just followed the lay of the land and there are a lot of little hills which gave me the feeling of riding on a roller coaster. That was a fun ride but Donna got a little nervous one time. :-)  We passed through Star Prairie (population 574) where I get my haircut and once ate a dang good burger and drank a beer at the Friendly Bar.  Then on to home.  I had to do some Kiwanis work by setting up a shelter at the St Croix County Fair in Glenwood City. The shelter is for the New Richmond High School Key Club to use. I got home about 6:30pm and Donna and I drove to Hudson, Wisconsin (20 minutes away) for a good supper at a very good German restaurant.  Now I is stuffed.  It was a good day for me.

Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

IMERC

it's yur day guys...
have a good one...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Meadows Miller

Gday

Happy Birthday Jeff, Bro & Charlie  ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Best Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Patty

Jeff, on the Zyrtec.I switched back and forth between Benedryl & Zyrtec to prevent any tolerance build up. One pill every 24 hours. I sure hope you are feeling better soon.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Papa1stuff

A belated birthday wish to you all!! 8) 8)
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

Thank You Sponsors!