iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Processor build

Started by wiam, January 17, 2019, 04:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiam

Have not posted in a while. Processor has been working well. Mostly. Always a few changes you want to make, but......  Here's a few pictures.  Hay conveyor is working well. I run drive belt loose so it will slip when needed.  

Crusarius

Did you find you needed the screws in the elevator? or was that something you put in before trying it?

hedgerow

Wiam
Good to here you have everything dialed in. I still have my processor sitting in the shop needing to get a system set up to help center and clamp my logs better than it does now on my infeed conveyor right ahead of the saw. Have had health issues the last six months so a lot of things haven't got done. We just had six inch's of Thursday so we can't even get into the field and plant corn. Usually around here we are planting corn by the April 10. 

wiam

Quote from: Crusarius on April 18, 2020, 10:10:13 AM
Did you find you needed the screws in the elevator? or was that something you put in before trying it?
Started with just flat stock. Were too many pieces not picked up so I added the lag screws. But they would not clear crosspiece on lower end of conveyor. So I cut cross piece and welded a rod across below it. I also had to move the bushing holder for drive sprocket away from chain so the flat stock would clear. 

wiam

Green bar (circled in red) added because I had to cut cross tube for lag bolts to clear. Black circle shows bushing carrier for drive shaft moved away from chain to clear flat stock crossbars.

Crusarius

Looks slick. Sure beats man handling it. Thanks for the info.

wiam

Hedgerow
Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Not warming up here either. Although I did see someone spreading and harrowing today. 

jmur1

Hi wiam:

Looks good -glad to see the operation in order!  Great job on the conveyor.

jmur1
Easy does it

wiam

Finally got around to a live deck. Decided to go part live, part sloped. Working out a few bugs.....

mike_belben

How do you like that hybrid deck so far, and what do you like and dislike about the machine in hindsight.. What would you do different if starting over? 

Nice use of trusses and trailer jacks. 
Praise The Lord

wiam

Mike, made the sloped part steeper so logs would slide better. Trusses are kind of a pain but that's how previous owner built it. 

wiam

So push plate that was on the partially built splitter I bought to use on the processor did not take it. It's been bent a little for a while which makes the block want to go up when pushed against wedge. Thursday a really tall ugly crotch piece finished it off. I had ordered a piece of 1" plate many months ago but time and it was still working. Got it back together and running Sunday. Better than new. Also moved this end of split cylinder up. Hoping no harm in not raising base end of cylinder. 

Thank You Sponsors!