iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Quality Axes

Started by Big Z, April 15, 2019, 01:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walnut Beast

Time to put the big boy pants on, put it to work and make the old timers proud that were swinging them. 

DonW

Hjartum yxa, nothing less than breitbeil/bandhacke combo.

DonW

Snow's expected these days,and the lull while not sufficient enough for me to get to my cutting in the truck, gives the chance to hoof it back on top and do clearing before then.

F

Walnut Beast

Great picture. Good workout!

I should have just got the puck. I thought about getting some flat diamond stones

doc henderson

Does my forestry forum hat make my Axe look big?  :D :D :D  hard to take a selfie and hold that double bit throwing axe. :snowball: 8) :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

DonW

Huh? What was s'posed to show the white-out that's arrived becomes a black out through the edit function.

DonW

Snow's picking up. 

Old Greenhorn

I was about to say "Try it again Don" but you did already. :D

So what's the deal here? WB are you gonna show us the 5 acres you clear cut with your ax or what? ;D

I think (if I counted) I probably have 30 axes around the place, some are good, some are not, most are workable. I just never got around to treating myself to a high end one, not that I wouldn't want to. I did have one that was close to a good felling axe with a decent sized head and full handle. It had good bit on it too, took a nice bite. I swung it in a competition once was I was about 20. might even have a photo. But I got snookered in that one. Long story, but it's where I learned even friends can be sneaky when pride and community reputation are on the line. But I knew I was young and an outsider at the time and was naïve' enough to deserve it. I don't hold no grudges and I kind of admired the guy that sandbagged me, I never saw it coming. :D It was the beginning and end of my 'competition days' all in a few short hours.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

beenthere

Quote from: DonW on February 13, 2023, 03:04:42 PM
Snow's expected these days,and the lull while not sufficient enough for me to get to my cutting in the truck, gives the chance to hoof it back on top and do clearing before then.

F
Can almost detect an axe in that photo. But think I did find it.  ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Walnut Beast

Nice axe Doc! 

Love your place Don! 

Greenhorn I'm sure out of all the axes you have you have a few dandy ones! I plan on chopping down several respectable trees and finishing off some monster walnut that I bore cut. That should be interesting and fun! 

DonW

Quote from: beenthere on February 13, 2023, 06:40:45 PM
Quote from: DonW on February 13, 2023, 03:04:42 PM

F
Can almost detect an axe in that photo. But think I did find it.  ;D ;D
Blue's supposed to stand out in the woods. That could explain why Gransfors, Hult, and some of the others used it to paint their axes for a time. Oschenkopff's yellow would not be so functional 'specially in the autumn.

Thank You Sponsors!